Software update: FP4.FP4I.A.175.20221207

Hi everyone :sunflower:,

A new software update for Fairphone 4 users is available.

Software Version: FP4.FP4I.A.175.20221207
Security Patch Level: 5th of November, 2022
Update Size: 124.10 MB

List of changes:

• Security Patch Level: 5th of November, 2022

Please note:

Together with our partners, we test the software before its release, and in some instances where a software update might result in some problems for users on a specific network or in a specific country, we prefer to delay the software release for that specific customer base and fix all the potential issues before making the software available to everyone.

That means that depending on your network provider, some Fairphone 4 users may receive this update later. Once the update is available you’ll receive a push notification to automatically update.

Thanks once again for your patience. We really appreciate it :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Update went flawlessly. O.k., except Security Patches no changes. We have to wait until A12 ?!

Not sure what you mean, this update seems to only include security patches. Android 11 is still maintained by Google. Android 12 would be nice. But at least we’re somewhat up to date on the security patches.

Edit: maybe I just don’t understand your comment. Maybe you mean this update only includes security patches, but no changes such as Android 12? It’s a bit hard to read, it could mean 2 things when I read it :nerd_face:

Hi, the pipeline is full of bugs to be fixed. These changes seem to be part of the overall A12 migration.

Let’s hope so… Your guess is as good as mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a download for the boot image already?

I think you need to pronounce the word somewhat more. We’re still missing the December (first of December) update, which fixes four critical errors.
But butter then being still on the one of September. I’m still hoping for the best.

6 Likes

Update went smoothly, no problems noted so far.

3 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Pixel vs. Android security patch

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pixel vs. Android security bulletin

I’m using a F4 with Telenet as provider in Belgium. After the update I got a notification that I needed to redo my settings. I ignored it, and everything seems to be working fine.

Update installed with no issues by now :slight_smile:
Android security update : 5th November
Google Play services update : 1st November

2 Likes

It may sound weird but how can I disable this update?

On my Fairphone 4 I read a “threat” that the update will be installed automatically in 29 days.
I don’t want it now or in 29 days.
My Fairphone is rooted, that means there are a few things to consider for system updates.

In Developer options you can disable Automatic system updates.

This info is for people who know what they are doing. For most of us, including me, it’s important to install new versions whenever they become available; some people like to wait for a few days which is why the 29-day delay is there.

4 Likes

What’s your blocker? :thinking:
I regularly update a rooted FP4 for a family member and it’s less than a minute of additional work …

3 Likes

Yes, I updated my rooted FP4, too (from A.170 to A.175). For me it ran into a boot loop, however. So I updated the phone and re-rooted it afterwards. As I did not have a 175 Boot-Image at hand I did this with the 170 Boot-Image and that worked out well

2 Likes

Sure :open_mouth:
Or do you mean re-rooted :wink:

1 Like

Or do you mean re-rooted :wink:

Of course :wink: Thanks for your hint :+1:, I just corrected this above

1 Like

I like to decide myself when to update my systems (phone, PC, server). It should not be read as “I don’t update forever”.

1 Like

For the next few weeks I am not at home. That is the real blocker.
I remember you described to process needed to update a rooted phone. But I couldn’t find your posting. Would you mind to post it again and/or pointing me into re right direction?