Software Update: FP4.FP3S.A.103.20220221

no changes for the camera?
at leat no official
only minor changes in my opinion…

but i can’t test it for myself. not using official ROM

1 Like

One more change is also included: I can now see my correct carrier name in the status bar (when not disabled) :smiley:

3 Likes

for example?

Well, here we go. New Google Play system update (1 February 2022) is also available. But many bugs still persist, namely:

• Camera
    • Wrong location of photos taken using the stock camera app.
    • Selfies are still mirrored when using the stock camera app.
    • Still no access to the wide angle camera through the Camera and Camera2 APIs.
    • Still no support for the full 48MP and 25MP quality through the API.
    • Using the selfie camera in video mode through the Camera2 API without zoom (min. 1.07x is required) results in crashed/unresponding apps.
  • Microphones
    • The volume of recordings is still extremely low.
    • HW tests are still broken (mic 2 & 3) when Google has the microphone permission enabled.
    • Audio channels of stereo recordings are still flipped (also in videos). Bottom mic is left, top is right. It should be the other way around (bottom = right, top = left).
  • USB
    • While accessing photos through USB, thumbnails are still missing. Only the default JPG icon is shown.
    • Sometimes opening a photo directly (without copying it to PC) crashes/freezes Windows Explorer on Windows 10. When this happens, it is no longer possible to even copy the photos and the phone needs to be reconnected.

I wonder when these will be fixed. :thinking:

GPS fix seems pretty quick now, but I have yet to try that out with a navigation app. Disconnecting the phone from the PC (Windows 10) no longer shows any errors. (“The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.”) I also need to test NFC payments, but those were pretty problematic lately and I doubt it’s fixed.

Update: Nope, GPS fix can still take ages sometimes. And NFC payments are still a bit problematic.

17 Likes

Update size: 110 MB

please give all the details next time. ty.

4 Likes

And still no support for the notification LED that FP4 apparently does have :nerd_face:

I would also add another camera bug. For some reason the phone allows notifications during video recordings, the vibration motor messes up recordings. Also zooming in uses a vibration as tactile feedback, which is also recorded by the mics. The funny thing is that the back gestures in Android do not use this tactile feedback vibration, while it is useful there. You would think people would notice this too when developing and testing the camera…

4 Likes

Wi-Fi Calling and Roaming were again disabled after installing this update. This happened on every single update I installed on my Fairphone 4 since I got it.

4 Likes

So I would immediately switch to a custom GSI. My full ungoogled LeOS-S ( Android12 ) runs on various FP3 (+) and FP4 without problems.
One has a BT problem, but that is more likely due to the BT device.

Good support and more info’s are on Telegram: Contact @LeOS_Support

After the latest update I have lost a whole page of apps and folders
What the hell is going on ?Âż?

Well, here’s the thing… I quite like using Google services, despite the drawbacks. And I paid a decent amount of money for this phone, so I’d rather have it work flawlessly with the stock software.

7 Likes

Ok, no problem if you want make other companies rich with selling your private data and if you want stay on buggy stock software, why not :woman_shrugging:

Keep calm…
Everybody shall decide for himself

2 Likes

Sure that’s what I have written

You’ve written a bit more :wink:

Let’s not start a flame war here, okay? :slight_smile: As I said, I know the drawbacks. Don’t worry about me. :wink: And while there are bugs in the stock ROM, I make sure to report everything to the support team so it gets fixed eventually. Custom ROMs have its problems too.

5 Likes

It’s OK. I don’t want bother anyone. Peace :v:guys, there is to much sadness in the world

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this. How does this get pushed to users? Through Google Play or via some other update mechanism?

I just checked and it has not reached my phone yet, although that is a bit premature I agree.

Thanks.

What exactly do you mean by that?
I just took a photo in the apartment with location information and that is very accurate (less than 1m) shown on the map.

Hi, this was already disussed here:

For me it was solved with the last firmware update (January), for others the problem still persists.

3 Likes

Note that any other camera app (or any app that uses location basically) works just fine and manages to get the correct location (even inside my apartment). But location from the stock camera app is off by several hundreds of meters. And it usually “snaps” to one or two fixed locations in my area. It’s possible that those locations are cell towers. But there is absolutely no reason for this behavior. It seems to me that they don’t use Google’s location services but some kind of their own (buggy) solution.