Software Update: 3.A.0129.20210805 (unknown caller and zero brightness bugs)

i´ve the same problem since tthe latest Update: German Network!

Unknown Caller and Brightness!
i use it as a Business Phone !! urgent!!

2 Likes

Same with me since latest Update: German Vodafone Network!
Brightness: Not dramatic to me
Unknown Caller: Nightmare! If this cannot be resolved within the next 4 weeks, I will have to buy another phone. Sustainability screwed up…

3 Likes

Hi @domenicosgro Welcome to the forum.

As you consider this urgent, you may want to contact Fairphone, although of course that doesn’t mean the resolution will be quicker.

But this topic is a bit mixed, covering a few software issues and people’s unhappiness with Fairphone’s abilities, so your urgency is not likely to come to their attention via this forum.

1 Like

Cheers! I´ll contact them!

1 Like

Same here (provider and mobile).
Are there any news?

Same issue here with Vodafone Germany and the mentioned software update.
Last week I contacted Vodafone and they confirmed me, that the FP3 software update has broke something and that they’re aware of it and working together with Fairphone to resolve the issue.

On Monday (09/13/2021) they called me back to told me, that Fairphone had fixed the unknown caller bug and currently rolling out an update for this. However the new software update has not made it to me. My FP3 still claims it’s up-to-date =/

10 Likes

Thanks for your efforts and update. It will no doubt take a while to push the update. Fairphone may be trying to bundle the Android 10 patch of 14th Sept ~ so it still maybe a week away etc. . . . .
https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2021-09-01

1 Like

Thank you for bringing us this update so quickly this month.

I’m also really happy with the fact that the screen now has the full range of brightness control.

2 Likes

Hi.

Strange. I never had an issue with the range of brightness but now I have one with adaptive brightness and the Ambient Light Sensor reading zero when there is plenty of light.

So it’s nice to know someone is happy. Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t you downgrade? I don’t have a Fairphone, but if an update would bother me too much I would downgrade to a more stable version. Of course it shouldn’t happen. I didn’t have a buggy Android update since I have a Pixel. Hope life will remain boring with the FP4.

1 Like

Hi

One of the problem of downgrading is the possible loss of data, the other more frightening one is that people have to do a fresh install, which is not what most people want. It’s not a simple button push.

However there is this notion that with a two slot boot partition or something along those lines the old version is now in the slot to be written to next time.

I’m sure I read somewhere how to switch slots but again work I imagine the majority of users do not even want to contemplate.

2 Likes

It’s actually most partitions which are doubled, userdata most prominently is not, so the user’s data stays the same regardless of the OS slot which gets booted.

Seems that way.

1 Like

There is still no update. I think that’s a bit bad now… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Da kann ich Ihnen nur zustimmen. Meine Konsequenz ist jetzt, meine Bekannten und Freunde zu warnen, ein Fairphone zu erwerben, da es immer nur Vertröstungen gibt. Kein Hinweis wie lange es noch dauert bis der Hotfix kommt und lapidar verkündet wird, das man einfach LTE ausschalten soll, dann klappt es ja wieder mit der Anrufer ID. Der Fehlkauf des Jahres.

1 Like

Wir haben 3 FP3+. Bei allen treten die Fehler mit der Hintergrundbeleuchtung und den unbekannten Anrufern auf.
Bei 2 Geräten waren die Updatefunktion auf automatsich gestellt. Die hatten nach dem Androidupdate direkt das Problem.
Ein Gerät war auf Updatebenachrichtigung gestellt. Da wurde das Androidupdate durchgeführt und das Problem mit der Hintergrundbeleuchtung war da, aber das Probelm mit den unbekannten Anrufern nicht. Nach dem Update gab es eine weitere Benachrichtigung: 15 Apps sollten upgedated werden. dies wurde 5 Tage später durchgeführt. Dabei waren auch die Google Apps Telefon und Kontakte. Erst nach deren Update gab es das Problem mit den unbekannten Anrufen.
Dass die Nummer trotzdem übermittelt wird, zeigt, dass wenn der Anrufer auf die Mailbox spricht, die Mailbox die Nummer anzeigt und wenn vorhanden auch die DAten aus den Kontakten holt.
Deshalb ist meine Interpretation, das eigentliche Problem ist die Google Telefon App, die in Verbindung mit dem Android Update kam. Die Telefon App scheint auch grundlegene Funktionen verändert zu haben, da ich noch eine 2. Telefon App (Simple Dialer) installiert habe. Diese ging nach dem Update der Google App auch nicht mehr. Also gehe ich davon aus, dass die Google App irgendwelche Zugriffsfestlegungen, die für alle Apps gelten, verändert hat.
Ich habe diesen Sachverhalt in einem Call an den Support gemeldet, leider erst diese Woche nach meinem Urlaub. Ich hoffe diese Information beschleunigt den Fix dieses untrabgbaren Zustands.
Mfg
Werner

2 Likes

Laut Vodafone soll Fairphone das Problem bereits behoben haben, das Update ist aber womöglich noch nicht freigegeben:

2 Likes

Vodafone knows better than Fairphone itself :see_no_evil:. See this tweet from 2021-09-20

Our technical team is still working on a solution.

And I got this reply from Fairphone support yesterday.

Unfortunately, we haven’t received any updates from our relevant department yet, as they’re still investigating this and working hard to find a solution to solve the problem.

4 Likes

I updated my FP3 to Android 10. Afterwards all incoming calls are shown as “Unknown”, the phone doesn’t recognize the callers from my contact list.
I have seen that the problem has existed for over a year! Could not be solved yet?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Android 10 has been out about a year now with numerous updates. Would you clarify which version/update you have please.

There is a similar issue with some Vodafone providers in Germany

1 Like

Hi
I have the security update version 10 from 5th August 2021. My provider is vodafone.
I hope you can solve the problem.
Thx

1 Like