Software update: 3.A.0066.20201119

Not there yet. Still 0054.

1 Like

Which provider do you have? Nations?

1 Like

I think @urs_lesse is answering the question for the full OS download at https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048050332-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-on-FP3-FP3- … which is still the 0054 version currently.

7 Likes

After having installed A.0066, three users (two on O2/Telefonica, one on Deutsche Telekom network) in our Geman language FB group have reported so far that their calls are now getting successfully established on the first attempt.

4 Likes

Grest news! Here, I’m still wainting…

Hello folks,

My FP3+ ask me for the update for 10 days now, but always failed to download/install it.

Does it failed because I rooted my phone? Because I deactivate some google apps?

I’m ready to install this update “by hand” but I can’t find an archive link.

Thanks for you advices.

The updater doesn’t like altered partitions, rooting might alter partitions.
If you rooted with Magisk, you can search the forum for the correct way to OTA update with this, it should be somewhere.

Depends on what exactly you deactivated.

4 Likes

Google, clock, duo, calc, agenda, contact,chrome., drive ,gmail, google play movies and TV, maps, Messages, photos, youtube, YouTube Music

In fact allmost all google apps.

I believe giving the exact names of the packets you disabled would be useful.

2 Likes

I think the rooting needs to be sorted out first as a source for OTA updating trouble.

Deactivating Google Apps (as in: you can launch and use them) should be fine, deactivating certain Google services (as in: you don’t usually see them) could break stuff.

1 Like

Well. I reinstall the 0054 from scratch and the update is now done. I have to reroot the phone, I’m so happy (spoiler alert:no).

Thanks for your help.

Reply to my self to add some tests results:

• if your device, running the old 0054 OS version is rooted →the update process failed
  • if your is not rooted → update process work fine but you cannot root you phone after, because you don’t have the new boot.img to patch with Magisk_Manager.

Conclusion:
If you need a rooted phone stay on 0054 and ignore update notification. Wait for Fairphone to post the 0066 version reinstall version (with boot.img)
If you don’t need a rooted device, just update.
If you want to update to 0066 and your device is rooted, apply the Manually install OS on FP3/FP3+.

hope this help

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity:
Somebody already received the update on Vodafone network in Germany?

Will this may work?

Unchanged (unrooted) 0056 update to 0066. Then flash magisk 20.4 over 0066 with a manual bootet TWRP?

I have Vodafone in Italy and the answer is none, stuck on 0054. At last we have the same operator…

My Fairphone 3+ (rooted + TWRP installed + bootloader unlocked) did the update form 0054 to 0066!!!

If you try this (at our one risk), make a full backup (with TWRP?) before…

I connected the phone via USB to my Win10 PC. First i re-installed 0054 manually:
Install Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+ (Windows) – Support

I flashed (0054) and keep the data with selection of: “2.Keep user data”

After this reflash root is gone… (The Phone reboot without root or TWRP Installed)

The phone rebooted with 0054. Then i did the “normal” systemupdate to 0066.

The update worked without any problems and finished with an reboot. After this systeminfo showed version: 0066

Then i used a minimal adb and fastboot pack with a command-tool in win10:

I manually rebooted the phone with “adb reboot fastboot” into fastboot mode.

I downloaded twrp-3.3.1-0_k4y0z-20200202-02-fp3.img (renamed to TWRP.img).

Then i booted manually into a TWRP (you will need the TWRP.img for the FP3+ for this step!):
“fastboot boot twrp.img”

Then the phone booted TWRP.img for one time…

I copied a different TWRP-installer-3.4.0.0-FP3.zip file to the SD-card from the phone.
After that, i flashed the different TWRP (3.4.0.0) permandly (with a TWRP.zip file from the SD-card).

Then i reboot the phone into the new TWRP-recovery.

Then i flashed magisk-v20.4.zip file.

finished… :wink:

My data and the apps were keeped with this procedure… Now my FP3+ is rooted an have version 0066 and TWRP installed…

4 Likes

@Frank_D Thanks for the detail :+1:

I’m not sure actually. AccuBattery gives me always screen off deep sleep around 85-90% of the time, which is good. But average consumption changes from 1.5%/h to 2.7%/h, I’m using always the same 3/4 apps such as twitter, reddit, whatsapp…
I don’t know what to think -before the update i rarely had screen off consumption at 2%/h or more, since the update i see it very often.

But maybe is an app update which caused the problem.

Hello,
I am a Fairphone 3 user from Germany with a contract from Vodafone. I got the cell phone together with the contract. I also have various problems with my cell phone and am waiting for an update. Since it has been available for 14 days and I still couldn’t download it, I wrote to Vodafone. Unfortunately no answer. I probably can’t find out here when they will make the update available, can I? I don’t want to do this manually.
Best regards
Jörg

1 Like

@Joerg67 As I reply to another user, I have Vodafone too (in Italy), and I bought it the same way as you did. Of course, I don’t receive the update yet. I’m sure that is Vodafone to make that delay. Just sadly wait…

1 Like