Software update: 3.A.0066.20201119

Have to quote myself with bad news: Things are getting worse for me after the update. I had the bad mic quality in calls and people still complain about it when calling.

But what changed after the update: Now my phone reboots while doing a call!

I don’t know what to do anymore… Please give me another weird bug, but please let me do reliable phone calls.

Ofcourse i did and all i got was “use your warranty and get a new one” than a few dass later a community Manager got in contact with me and said theyre working in it. Btw a few Weeks ago a Fairphone employee Said they already have enough Data. I think its Safe to say the Software is Just rubbish. This is definitely my Last fairphone.

I don’t see how you think the software is the issue as there is probably > 100,000 users who have no problem. Sure there will be software issues but this problem sounds like poor service or a faulty phone. The problem is amplified in that you have no local shop to return it for a fix

3 Likes

Me too - search the download for manually update - the official way didn’t work and 54 is allready installed.

1 Like

Because they even stated its a Software Bug? Also it seems to Work with a custom Rom.

I totally agree the Fairphone has some serious quality issues with both software and support. Bought my very first Fairphone 3+ in september and it has been a very disapointing experience sofar. Next phone will not be a Fairphone.

Is it me or people who use fp with vodafone have most issues?

I guess so. Using Vodafone here. Since 0066 problems for me got worse. With older softwares I had no crashes and reboots while calling with 4G, this was introduced since 0066.

But it seems like most people with these problems are using Vodafone, right.

Did you use a non-Vodafone SIM to get the update? It seems that there is a reason Vodafone has been holding it back… I’m on Vodafone and haven’t received it yet. If I remember correctly there was at least one update in the past that only Vodafone users received, so they do seem to do something to work around the problems if you let them.

Edit: scrolled up a bit and saw that you removed the SIM card for an unrelated reason and received the update because of it. Bad luck. And of course, the situation is, let’s say, sub-optimal.

Second edit: For the record, I’m on Vodafone (Germany) and my FP3 doesn’t have any of the severe problems. Hasn’t unexpectedly rebooted or dropped a call even once.

1 Like

Yes. I mentioned it in another thread already, but to say it again: Support told me that they will roll out an update in January, which is supposed to solve all these issues. I really hope this works, as calling is almost impossible (in my experience) with version 0066 and Vodafone Germany.

Right, if I knew before, I never had done this update. I was simply not aware about that. I remember that I used my previous phone over time with SIM cards of all three German providers (Telekom, Vodafone, O2) and there was never a problem.
So I learned the lesson, that OEMs sometimes are rolling out updates with new firmwares for baseband processors, that works for some providers, for some not.

Anyway, can’t wait for the promised January update, when I can do phone calls again :smiley:

So this also means, you are missing the security patches by Google? Which version is running on your phone?

Yes. I’m on the version before 0066, 0054. Patch level October 5. I hope the January update a) actually arrives, b) fixes your problems, and c) doesn’t introduce new problems for me :grimacing:

Is there now a working download link for the current image? The 0054 version is currently still offered.
FP3 + and a working camera app would be nice again. :frowning:

Steven

You are with one of the mobile providers that hasn’t pushed the 0066 update it seems then. It would be nice to know what operator you are using, it seems there are a few from Vodafone users.

And what is wrong with the camera app? It was fine for me on the 00054 version, I’m not saying spectacular ~ people are still complaining after the 0066 update :frowning: I didn’t notice any change. between 0054 and 0066

1 Like

The stock camera app crashed since version 054. Its a new phone and dosent work correctly. :pensive:
My provider is vodafone.

I would like to download the image manually, as before and not wait for my provider. The current image is not listed on the Fairphone download page.

Steven

There is a way to trigger the update: Remove the SIM card and search for the update again. That’s how I got it.

But again: I strongly recommend NOT to do so. This update brings not only system updates for Android, but also a new firmware for the baseband processor (the “radio software”). This is known not to work with Vodafone.
So if you do this update, you most likely are not able to do phone calls again with Vodafone.

That’s what I have done and I regret it. v0066 breaks phone functionality for a lot of Vodafone users.

4 Likes

Thx for info! Then I will wait.

Steven

1 Like

https://fileshare.fairphone.com/link/OMetPoYL6bKNe2qlEudo6K/download/FP3-REL-Q-3.A.0077-20201221.124002-user-fastbootimage.7z
works with vodafone and see because of the unblocked bootloader for cts profile Magisk Update to 8.0.0 and ctsProfil

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.