sms in an endles loop

when I send a sms, my fairfone2 is telling me “message is not send”, but it sends this massage to the same reciever manny times in a endles loop. How can I stopp that. Drown my phone in a bucket full of water? Would it help?

1 Like

Delete the message? (long press, delete button)
In any case, no need to drown the phone in a bucket of water, just switch it off. You could also try rebooting the phone to see if the message stops sending itself multiple times).

2 Likes

In case FP2 and FP3 use the same APP with Stock ROM, this is an APP issue as a FP3 user reported the same.
For this person Signal works to send SMS.
I would check if APP was updated and if there are comments from other user in the app store

2 Likes

I have the same issue with FP3 (stock ROM). I blamed it on my new provider, because i’ve changed today, but maybe I’m wrong…

It also works with Textra on my FP3. It really seems to be a bug in the Messages app.

1 Like

Thank You all very mutch. Your commends are very helpfull. Next time I know it better. Actually, I pannicked and made a factory reset and by mistake pressed teh button “power off” and now it ist completly out of order. I am very foolish with smartphones because I m an old Lady. Now, I’ll bring the Thing in to an expert to make it work again.

3 Likes

You can also try to contact a #fairphoneangel (←see link for information) if there is one in your area.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.