Small letters in browser

Hello,
I think since the big Android upgrade some months ago, some pages are illegible on Chrome: the letter is super small and the body of the page is like a column in the center of the screen, making it impossible to read.
I am not sure if this is linked to the upgrade but I think it started happening around that time.
I played around with Chrome page configuration but still nothing.
Is anyone having the same issue?
Thank you,
Marta

It shouldn’t happen often nowadays, but theoretically you can stumble across this issue any time, as it is dependent on several factors, not the least being the actual HTML code of the page in question. With the latter perhaps being not optimal for mobile browsers this annoying issue would not be the fault of any certain mobile OS or browser or a certain version of them both.
Mobile browsers try to present web pages in a readable fashion in any case, but their efforts might just fail if the page code is too stubborn in a sense.

I know it’s a pain, but as a workaround you usually should be able to zoom the page in with your fingers.

Some websites offer an especially prepared mobile version, perhaps look out for this.

You could also try a different browser with the page in question, perhaps it tackles the hurdles to display the page differently, and perhaps this avoids the issue in that browser.

If a site is really important to you, you could give feedback to some contact person of it so that things might get fixed or improved on that end.

Hi,
Thank you so much for your answer! I’ve tried to zoom in but even if I do, it’s sometimes still illegible.
The funny thing is that I could read these pages before the upgrade no problem, so I’m thinking it’s something upgrade related, but I could be wrong.
Sometimes there’s a button at the bottom of the screen to adapt the page to a mobile, when I click it I can read the content almost ok, so it could be browser related as you suggest.
I’ll have a look at another browser, thanks again!
Marta

I’m using Lightning for browsing and didn’t recognize any changes after the MM upgrade. So might be a combination of MM & Chrome.
Howeve I have to admit that I don’t surf the Web so much (except for the Faurphone Forum :wink:)

Thanks for your reply! I’ll try that :slight_smile:

It turns out I needed to update Chrome! I did and it’s all now back to normal size. Thanks for the hints, they were helpful to solve this issue!
Marta

2 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I zoom with fingers?

Basic touchscreen usage …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.