Slow 4G connection on Fairphone 3 after latest update

I experience very slow speeds on a fairphone 3 after the latest update. Wifi speeds are fine.
Same sim card worked fine in another phone and also before the update.
Any suggestion is welcome.
Have a good Sunday :sunny:

from your other topic I take you are on e/OS, correct? Which Version exactly and did you check the e/OS forum already?

2 Likes

Slow speeds of what or doing what?

In case of /e/OS, what exactly does it say in Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/ OS version?

2 Likes

Thank you AnotherElk
A1: Slow speeds while trying to stream youtube are similiar.
A2: It says Version e/OS 1.0-20220526188859 android 10 26 may 2022

There is an “emergency” update dated June 22 for Fairphone 3/3+ (dev and stable release channel), which should fix several issues of the initial 1.0 update.
However, it seems to break Wi-Fi hotspot functionality for now … Hotspot turns itself off - Troubleshooting - /e/OS community.
One can not have everything, it seems.

(It’s called “1.0.1” in the forum and in the GitLab, but the file downloads and everything on the phone will still show 1.0, so just go by the date.)

2 Likes

Okay thank you very much AnotherElk. I wil try the update. Not in need of hotspot at the moment. You can ignore my reply on e/OS off course now. Posted the same question on that forum cause I don’t know if it is e/OS related or fairphone in general.
Have a good day!

Yes I am using e/OS. I sometimes have to post the same question on both forums cause I don’t know if it is e/OS related or that it has to do with FP in general.

1 Like

Sure thats reasonable and one tip: just always mentioned OS and version to avoid misunderstanding and in terms of connection trouble also Router/Provider.

1 Like

Thanx for the advise. My girlfriend also has an FP3. She is with T-Mobile I am with KPN. We both have the same problem with the slow 4G which made me conclude it might be a problem with FP or / and OS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.