SIM not recognized by FP2

Do you use the same sim in the same size in the FP1 as the FP2?

No.
in FP1 with adapter like this pic

in FP2 without.adapter. Both SIMs are MicroSIM

That is indeed very strange behaviour.
The only thing I can think you is, shut down your phone, charge it full, try again.
If that doesnā€™t work, clear the cache. (thanks @paulakreuzer)
Go to recovery mode?
There you can reset the system cache and if that doesnā€™t help make a hard reset ( :warning: deletes everything) .

I already done as last chance.

as orderā€¦
1.Factory reset.
2.Hard rset.
3. Wiped cache.

But help none.

I learned that you do a cache wipe before a hard reset.
Is it to much to ask to do a cache wipe and then a hard reset again?

Could you maybe have the same issue as described here:

I wiped cache after hard reset. Is this wrong way?

@paulakreuzer when Iā€™m at home from work, take a photo of SIM slot.

2 Likes

@paulakreuzer

That looks to me like the pins could really be bent a bit. Especially in the last pic the two slots definitely donā€™t look the same.

That was my impression as well. But since they are very fragile, as stated in the post you linked above, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s really recomendable to straighten them. Maybe very, very carefullyā€¦

What do you think? What can i do?

When you tried it at the beginning, did the SIMs work?

Yes. Same two SIMs !

One more photoā€¦

To be honest, I donā€™t know what to tell you. Maybe when you removed the SIMs after testing the FP2 when you got it, the PINs got a bit bent and now donā€™t have contact with your SIMs. But itā€™s really strange that this happened with both slots. Iā€™ve been searching the forum for similar problems and found this topic, but nobody posted there if he/she found any solutionā€¦

I have contacted FP Support team via E-mail & Phone. Letā€™s see what happens.

FP Support team contaced back within 24 hours by phone and mail. That is service :slight_smile:

Solution: Phone exchange.

Waiting for a happy endingā€¦

1 Like

I got my FP2 replacement within two weeks.

Just now insert my SIMs (which didnĀ“t work in my first FP2)ā€¦ Both SIMs are recognized. Phone and Internet working well.

Hi FP Teamā€¦ Very good communication, helpful and quick support. Thanks & Best Regards!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.