Show all important FP software information

Hello,

Is there an easy way for users to lookup and post their current software setup (FP1, FP1U, FP2, Android version installed, Google software installed correctly?). All that came to my mind was “About phone”. But this does not tell you much about the Google software running in the back ground. Is there a test for that?

Also is there an easy way to get an apps “real name”? Google, facebook and apple use more and more generic terms for applications (“Music”, “Photo”, “Backup”) making it harder to find out what app/stock app was really used in the end. I’m sure one could look this up under app settings (Manage Apps->App Info->Version). But a generated list would be nice, so people can point out “these are the apps and versions I’ve used”. Also it would be nice to able separate stock items from store items.

Maybe there is a better solution for this? Like a FP/android tool that posts all the relevant info to a file that could be copy’ and pasted into the forum?

1 Like

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=de.onyxbits.listmyapps

3 Likes

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! Too bad that it’s not in the default FP rom. Explaining to install F-droid will take a while, or is F-droid already in the default install? I don’t think so, but this is a nice tool to have for better communication about software …

Cons:
Not so sure if most people will be able get the app installed and the data into the forum ;(
Also it hides the software versions in the default settings, correct?

Another one, also from F-Droid is Checkey. I find it is more advanced than List My Apps.
You can download any F-Droid app from it’s site on F-Droid by tapping the “download apk” link. No need for the client app. You just need to allow “unknown sources” in settings > security.
And downloading F-Droid is not that hard either.

1 Like

They should combine their tools :wink:

listmyapps output (it excludes the stock items, btw).

ADSdroid
	hu.vsza.adsdroid
F-Droid
	org.fdroid.fdroid
Focal
	fr.xplod.focal
List My Apps
	de.onyxbits.listmyapps
VLC
	org.videolan.vlc
XPrivacy
	biz.bokhorst.xprivacy

Checkey seems to look more into the APK signature (much more advanced … I think they have another goal here, it’s more about security & trust also important. I will check if I find out how to get the version number with listmyapps.

I’m more looking for the “Is the basic FP setup okay and what app/app version is the user talking about?” tool. I think the updater and/or GoogleApps sometimes mess something up.

Update: ${version} and ${versioncode} [in the template] will work, but without the stock apps and without good default settings, I guess this will be a dead end. Too complicated for the user to setup up and not enough info (stock, google apps).

F-Droid
	org.fdroid.fdroid

Focal
	fr.xplod.focal
1.0-37a5749f31

List My Apps
	de.onyxbits.listmyapps

VLC
	org.videolan.vlc

XPrivacy
	biz.bokhorst.xprivacy

But it’s nice for telling others what one has installed.

2 Likes