Share your clever, smart, creative, provocative... T-Shirt slogan!

Continuing the discussion from Fairphone T-Shirts and more for the community.

Hi everybody! :slight_smile:

Some people stated that theyā€™d want Fairphone T-Shirts with more than just the logo on them.

So letā€™s share our creative thoughts! What have you got in mind? :wink:

Cheers Stefan

PS: @anon90052001, I hope this will be interesting for you! :smiley:

3 Likes

Well ok, since I was surely one of them :smile: , here we go
I apologise but I am certainly not creative, so the slogan I had in mind was the already quite known ā€œIf you canā€™t open it, you donā€™t own it.ā€ with an FP logo next to it or on the back to make the right connection - partly because I am not sure what ideas people might get if it is written on a T-shirtā€¦
However, I am sure that more creative people than me are among us on the forum :wink:

3 Likes

ā€œIf itā€™s not a Fairphone, itā€™s not a Fairphone.ā€

7 Likes

I like the makerā€™s manifest (ā€œIf you canā€™t open itā€¦ā€) idea too. The shirt should not put Fairphone itself in the foreground, maybe just a little (but visible) logo is enough to relate to the project. I think it should feature an impulse to make others think about what it says and talk to the owner about it.

How about some words in the languages of the people who made the phone? This relates to the productā€™s transparency and reminds people that phone production is connected to a global effort. It could be a simple word like ā€œhelloā€, ā€œthank youā€ or something like ā€œsustainabilityā€ (Go ahead and add ideas :stuck_out_tongue: ).

2 Likes

I know that this graphic (https://www.fairphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Great-Recovery-Project-Periodic-Table.jpg) comes from the Great Recovery project,

but if it was possible to combine it with a kind of (updated) source map as in the blog post on the Tin and Tantalum Road Trip (https://www.fairphone.com/2013/11/08/tin-and-tantalum-road-trip/) and put something like ā€œDo you know where your phone comes from - and how it will end?ā€ on the T-shirt, I think it would be a good base for discussion. And then put the FP and the Great Recovery project logo on it of course.

Ok, I admit that I fall for periodic tables :smiley:

5 Likes

Seeing this, this idea comes to my mind: Take the shape of the marked elements, put it on the shirt, and above put something like ā€œMake a guessā€¦ā€ so people look at the shirt and ask you what itā€™s all about.

1 Like

Nice idea :slight_smile: Just the shape or the symbols as well? I would prefer the latter because if not youā€™d have to recall them yourself for discussion and even though I am a chemist, Iā€™d need to concentrate a bit and might still mix up some of it :blush:
Anyway, I think the riddle would not be much easier to solveā€¦

Iā€™m not a great photoshopper (gimper) but hereā€™s something to give you an idea of what I roughly meant. :laughing:

EDIT: The text is just a sample, I do not believe this is a good text :smiley:

5 Likes

I like the idea, but I think ā€œMake a guessā€¦ā€ is too random. Maybe something along the lines of ā€œGuess, where you can find all these elementsā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Just a sample text :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Less is more :smile:
The image works without the written question. Because if you donā€™t know it you will guess anyways. Especially since you can see the question mark on the right side (the yellow elements)

And no, please donā€™t put anything like ā€œif you canā€™t open it you donā€™t own itā€ without any context / image on a tshirt / peopleā€™s breasts.

5 Likes

Maybe we can even find more symbols in it and add those as translucent overlays or such

I think the fairphone project has a very strong marketing/pr team, they know all the tricks. Iā€™m pretty sure they will come up with something if we donā€™t find a perfect solution for this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But if you plan something like this I would try to only focus on the tantalum, tin, tungsten and gold (3T&G) P-table ā€œlogosā€ and the fairphone logo (symbols on the back, little fairphone logo on the front-left ā€œpocket areaā€).

This will create more questions. I think there are even a ā€œfontsā€ for the chem symbols out if needed. Donā€™t forget that the fairphone project has cooperative design&branding already going on for a loong time. So they can tell you the fonts, vibe, and colors needed.

(Update: But Iā€™m not sure if after Breaking Bad one can still do this kind of design ā€¦ ;))

1 Like

:wink:

7 Likes

Very nice!

Iā€™m still trying to find something for: Ta = Tantalum, Sn = Tin, W=Tungsten, and Au=Gold.

Currently itā€™s: tame snail, wing automatic!

Iā€™m sure we will find something better, but Iā€™m sure this will raise questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about
ā€œ[W]u-[Ta]ng [Sn] da H[Au]seā€ (Wu-Tang is in da house)

1 Like

I think thereā€™s something called trademark :wink:

3 Likes

The unix way is a bit more safe :slight_smile: but way too long to post ā€¦
$ zegrep ā€˜^ta|^sn|^w|^Auā€™ /usr/share/ispell/american.*+.mwl.gz

Even for the more difficult ones like Sn and Au the list is too long. Thatā€™s a good sign, I guess.

this (without the ā€œmake a guessā€) is still my favourite.
Possibly with the so-called Fairphone logo as a small bottom line on the rightā€¦

1 Like

FAIRPHONE
Fixing capitalism
One phone at a time

5 Likes