I just read a closed issue posted in april 2016, with exactly the same issues that I have today. the promise in 2016 was that a Andoid upgrade would resolve the issues. 1 year later, I just got the fairphone for 4 months now, nothing seems to be changed.
- I can’t call regularly for no apparent reason, but sms is possible.
- sometimes the SIM card is just blocked for no apparent reason. no sms or calls are possible nor receiving them.
- sometimes the screen freezes and you need to taken off the back and remove the battery before you can reboot again and use the phone again. Sometimes shutting the phone down and lighting it back up, helps, sometimes it does not.
- sometimes the speaker does not work for no apparent reason (I can’t hear the calls coming in- I tested this)
- there is a disturbing noise on the speaker of the phone, because via hands-free in the car, there is no noise.
- the activity of automatic synchronizing contact persons with mail outlook contacts worked fine during 2,5 months and then for no apparent reason it failed and I got like an infinite number of contacts with all the same phone number. It took me hours to resolve this issue and I dis-activated the automatic synchronizing. Which is not what I want.
- The battery is very weak. It does not even last 8 hours straight. Which is very stressful. And I am a very light user of the phone.
- When the battery dies on you and you plug the phone in, the battery needs to be fully charged otherwise you can’t start using the phone. what I did discover is, that when after 20-so minutes, you plug the phone out, you can reboot the phone, start using it and plug it in again. This is such an amateurish way of doing things.
I bought the phone out of principles and conviction. I started out as a proud owner of the Fairphone, but the phone does not even deliver on the basics of being able to call, being called and send and receive sms ?
Besides synchronizing my outlook work mailbox, I am really not doing anything fancy with this phone. It is all very basic. A bit of facebook, sometimes a picture, calls, sms, email and agenda. That’s it.
Do I have a “Monday” phone or does every one experience the same issues. Because if everyone has the same issues and this phone continues to take hours of my personal time trying to search for work a rounds for basic functions that do not work. I will find myself an other phone. I would certainly not recommend the phone to anyone with the experience that I have today. It is save to say that I am disappointed and pissed off. I sincerely hope that Fairphone can resolve this issues so I can be the proud owner again of the Fairphone that my son can use without a glitch when he wants to call his father. To use his words : “Het is altijd iets met die telefoon van jou”.