Settings for text messages/SMS

I have a hard time figuring a few things about settings for text messages.

My problem is that my phone vibrates whenever I get a SMS message. It annoys me very much and I wanna turn that off (I see the texts whenever I look at my phone) - but how do I change that? I can’t figure out.

Also, in a message conversation it says “Received DATE” - but it doesn’t show the exact time unless the message is relatively new. Where can I change this?

Last thing: In the conversation it writes the name of my phone company (not Fairphone, but the one I pay my monthly bills to) just above the messages. Is there a possibility to turn this off? I don’t wish them to advertise more than necessarily.

About the vibrating, it could be the setting in the app sms.
Tap on the icon with the three dots on the lower right corner of the phone.
Go to settings.
Untick Vibrate

It is already done. My phone still vibrates whenever a SMS message arrives at my phone.

Since it is a dual sim phone, the sms app shows the name of your sim that was used to send the sms. Normally that’s the name of your provider, but you can change it to your name or to something else. Anyway, it’s only you who sees it, the recipients see your name or your number, so you don’t make unvoluntary advertisement.

2 Likes

What could the problem be? Should I report it somewhere?

Perhaps it has something to do with the Privacy Impact. It’a a long shot, but you never know.
Try the following:
Untick the Privacy Impact.
Go to the app for text messages.
Enable Vibrate.
Reboot your phone.
Go to the app for text messages.
disable Vibrate.
Tick the Privacy Impact

Hi,

is it possible to remove the contact Pictures in the Messaging app? So I only see the text Messages?

thx

Greets Phil

I tried this now. We will see how it works.

Whenever I get a message there is a red dot flashing in the upper left corner of my phone. It will flash until I open the message. Can I turn this off? I tried to figure out the settings but couldn’t.

Alright. My phone still vibrates when I get a message. This is quite a serious problem for me. We must solve this problem. If it is impossible to turn off vibration when I get a text, then there must be something wrong with the software, as it doesn’t respond to the settings I am making.

What to do?

Which message app are you using?

The pre-installed one on my phone. Is there a possibility to choose?

If you use Google, you could try Hangouts. If you have F-Droid, you could try SMSdroid. In F-Droid there are more messaging apps.

I avoid Google services as much as possible. I don’t know F-Droid - is that Android?

No matter what, I guess I should contact some Fairphone Technical support. There is obviously something wrong when my phone doesn’t respond to what I am telling it.

F-Droid is an installable catalogue of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) applications for the Android platform. The client makes it easy to browse, install, and keep track of updates on your device.
You can download F-Droid through youre webbrowser at F-Droid.
I would ask you to consider to install F-Droid and SMSdroid, to see if your problem persists, before contacting Fairphone Technical support.