Selfie camera option to mirror pictures during processing

I’ve contacted Fairphone support to request an option to mirror pictures during processing. That way you don’t see text mirrored in pictures anymore. The selfie video recorder does this already, but not the regular camera. This thread is to keep a record of my communication with FP support.

7 Likes

Support mentioned that this feature may be released in the next camera update.

1 Like

Thank you. Have you received any feedback yet? This would, indeed, be a very welcome feature.

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum. I only heard the mention that this feature may be released in the next camera update. No guarantees of course. But they’re working on it.

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:
Every bit of good news is good news.

This is still not fixed, and it simply seems wrong to save selfies only mirrored. Please fix!

1 Like

Hi and welcome, its a user forum do we cant fix. To Adress this #contactsupport

Your selfie pictures are not mirrored? I use the latest release of the native pristine Fairphone release.

1 Like

No deleted that comment, I was wrong, they are but for me its expected as it is, I would find it strange if they would be not mirrored

I am new to this forum and maybe this has been mentioned before: If I am not mistaken the selfie camera switches sides (left to right, right to left) on my fp4. Maybe somebody might check this out on his or her fp4. I wonder If this occurs on my fp4 only or ist a more general issue. With thanks for your help, Matthias

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :wave:
… and to the list of people waiting for that feature :smirk:

2 Likes

Hi, I got a system update fpr my Fairphone 4 in December (Build FP4.FP4I.A.175,20221207) but it’s still not fixed… While taking a picture with the selfie camera, the preview is correctly mirrored, as you would expect. But the resulting image which is saved is still mirrored, while I would expect that to be not mirrored - text needs to be legible. If there was a button or something to mirror the final image, that would be fine for me, but that’s not possible either in the native camera app nor in google photos.

1 Like

It’s (still) not fixed indeed. Best is to #contactsupport so they may prioritize the camera.

1 Like

Whoohooo, this is fixed! :tada:

2 Likes

Can you tell me how? I have since yesterday a Fairphone 4 and noticed this anoying mirrored picture thing. On my Fairphone 3 it worked perfectly (when you used the time interval for making pictures) . Always wondering why good features of earlier models are not integrated in the newest model

If you installed Android 12 it’s by default enabled. Otherwise in the camera settings it’s called something like save as previewed.

1 Like

Android 12 is not yet available for me, but I will try the other option. Thank you!

Ridiculous that the option is not available.

It is available in the Android 12 release and enabled by default.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.