Seal around Fairphone 2

I have owned my Fairphone 2 for just over 2 years. It has a rubber seal around the sides. This has stretched and is now flapping around. Can I replace it or the whole back and if so how do I order this from the UK?

The original rubber bumper was discontinued by Fairphone quite some time ago because it came apart too early in too many cases.
If you would have approached Fairphone while still under warranty, you probably would have gotten a new case for free.

Anyway, here’s the current slim case range …

https://shop.fairphone.com/en/accessories/filter/choose-your-fairphone/fairphone-2/sort-by-type/case

2 Likes

Thanks for this. The fault has only developed recently so out of warranty. Will the backs you have told me about fit my phone? I really don’t want to replace the whole phone as it is working perfectly otherwise.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely interchangeable. :slight_smile:
The mechanism for putting it on and taking it off is different though.

2 Likes

They are cases for the Fairphone 2 in Fairphone’s own shop :wink: .

In fact, if you go to an individual style there, they present this helpful video on the page …

1 Like

As it is a known design flaw of those cases, I at least would try to ask for a free replacement.

1 Like

Thanks for advice!

Ruth Rutter

1 Like

Fairphone swapped mine when it was just out of warranty. Just try support, if they don’t give you a free one you can buy one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.