SD card larger than 128 GB? [Update: 400 GB works in FP1+FP2]

Has any one experience with using an SD memory card larger than 128 GB?

128 GB worked fine, but my music is filling it up rapidly.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Can you let me know which 128 GB card you used? I just got one in the mail (SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card) but now Iā€™m not so sure itā€™ll work with the phone.

edit: card exact name

1 Like

I have that very same card. Works without any problem for me.

3 Likes

Yep, so far is working fine. Thanks!

1 Like

No experience here with SD cards actually larger than 128 GB (isnā€™t there only one 200 GB card on the market for a very short time only?), but I would like to add another confirmation that a 128 GB card does work in a Fairphone: I also bought the SanDisk Ultra Android 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 MemoryCard (to be as exact as possible, hereā€™s the Amazon ASIN: B00MWXUNL4) ā€“ seemingly the same as @Lucas_Borja_Peinado ā€“ and it works well with my monster music collection for a couple of weeks now.
I also got the impression it works slightly smoother and quicker with the Fairphone since I updated from 1.6 to 1.8.5, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Advice request: I want to move 140 GB to my (upcoming) microSDXC card.
Should I do it in several smaller chunks to avoid ā€œoverwearā€ (overheating etc.) of the microSDXC card?

So you finally own a quite big one? (which and how is it workig?)

Do you think you will ecxeed the 85Ā°C specification of the Sd card?
For transcend: - 25Ā°C(- 13Ā°F)~85Ā°C(185Ā°F)
I canā€™t imagine this! So I donā€™t see a problem there.

But maybe if you have an extern adapter it would be maybe faster to use it instead of sending it via the FPā€¦

2 Likes

I havenā€™t got it yet, only just ordered it (the 200 GB card is on sale on amazon.de just today). Thought Iā€™d ask in time so I donā€™t act out of impatience when I have it :wink:

ā€œ+ $45.60 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Swedenā€ :scream:

Meanwhile, after 7 hours and 6 minutes of loading ā€¦ :grin:

ā€¦ it plays, err, works! :slight_smile:

• SanDisk SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A microSDXC 200 GB UHS-I Class 10 (amazon ASIN: B00V62XBQQ)
  • Fairphone: FP1U
2 Likes

Damn, I wish I had seen that sale on time!
But thanks for the info, canā€™t wait to try it out on the FP2! :smile:

1 Like

Dang it, I should check the forum more frequently. At least I was still in time to catch the deal on the 128 GB. Still good to know that itā€™ll work. I was wondering about that, too.

For everyone who missed the special offer on amazon - apparently the 200GB card is on sale again in one of their ā€˜lightning dealsā€™ tomorrow at noon! So if anyone is interested it might be worth it. Last time they sold it for ā‚¬85 instead of ā‚¬130, which would make it a lot cheaper than a 128GB card in the shops!

Edit: Accidentally got the price wrong, last time it was ā‚¬85 and not ā‚¬65, I think

Everyone who doesnā€™t want to support amazon for known reasons, the 128 GB variant is available here for 40ā‚¬ and the 200GB is here for 99ā‚¬.
Unfortunately only shipping to Germany is reasonably cheap

4 Likes

I use a 200GB SanDisk microSDXC UHS-I card in my FP2 and it seems to be working just fine.
Update: Sorry I use it on a FP2.

2 Likes

Update 1: Iā€™m not sure. But, it is possible that itā€™s the memory card that is causing the random reboots on my phone. (Or, it could be the SIM-card, or using location, or using the phone).
Update 2: Now I think it is most likely to be location. When location is on I have RR. Now Iā€™ve had location off for a day without any RR.

A post was split to a new topic: Interesting for the SD Card Wiki

SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I A1 400 GB

In my FP1U (Fairphone OS Kola Nut 1.8.7):

Brief music playback tested, more intense tests not planned.

Recognized just as well in an FP2 (Fairphone Open 19.05.2):

4 Likes