Screen isn't working

I dropped my phone last night, not far, it didn’t turn off but the screen isn’t responding when I touch it. Have taken the battery out to turn it off and tried again but still nothing. Saw this morning there is a hairline fracture underneath the surface…is there some “magical” way to fix this myself or do I need to send it back to you guys for a replacement screen?
Thanks,
Linda

Please note that is a community forum, as explained in the welcome topic:

In this case, I’d recommend contacting Fairphone support. (Scroll down on the page linked in the quote above, select ‘send a question’).

That being said: this appears to be a hardware problem. As the display appears to be working, but no longer responsive to touch, I’d say the odds of a connector having come loose is small. That would mean that your display would most likely need to be replaced. If you feel confident, you could order spares (see here) and replace it yourself, but do realise that this may/will void your warranty (see here and here). Otherwise you can arrange a repair by contacting support; the procedure and costs are explained here (note that handling costs apply on top of the repair cost for the display).

Those are just my thoughts as a fellow Fairphone user of what you’re probably looking at. I could be wrong. Replacing the display may not solve the issue. Any steps you take are at your own risk. Again, it’s best to contact support with such issues.

1 Like

OK, thanks, have sent the message to them.