Screen Brightness Dropping to Zero (August UPDATE 0129)

That’s basically it … the brightness drops to minimum, sometimes several times a day. I’ve turned auto-brightness off: no change - back on again: no change. Each time I open Settings and push it up to about half way. It’s getting annoying, especially if I’m in a rush.

What to do? The phone is under warranty … I’m on Android V10.

TIA

2 Likes

This is a known software bug since the last update and help is on its way:

3 Likes

Wow, that was quick! Where is it best to get the update from? I’m a Fairphone Newbie, although familiar with the Internet, Unix and most [old school] protocols … 8^)

Many thanks.

1 Like

Once the update is published (it isn’t yet) by Fairphone, you should get a notification on your FP3 once you can download and install it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

See also

Check you have the latest update the 0129 one.

1 Like

This actually is the proposed workaround until the update with the fix comes around.
Disabling adaptive brightness doesn’t fix the issue for you?
How exactly do you disable it?

I thought I’d done it in Settings → Display … which I have now just done & set brightness to to 80% ; will see how it goes. Thanks!

I have build number 8901.3.A.0129.20210805

Many thanks.

1 Like

An official update can be found here: Software Update: 3.A.0129.20210805 (unknown caller and zero brightness bugs) - #414 by rae

2 Likes

It’s fixed! See Software Update: 3.A.0132.2021027

1 Like

OK, fixed the link in my post above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.