#EFCT17: European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam 2017 (31/7 - 6/8/17)

For the next EFCT click here: efct18

Hello everybody,

after our successful 2016 edition of the European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam (click to find out what we did last time) we decided to meet up in Amsterdam again in 2017 (efct17 ). :smiley:

Happy efct17 participants on the ferry across the IJ.

Who is going?

:link:

We welcome everyone, who is interested in fair electronics and wants to meet like-minded people in the town of Fairphoneā€™s origins. We are looking forward to interesting discussions and a lot of fun! :smiley: At the moment 13 participants are confirmed to stay for the whole week and some will join us for only a day or too.

No registration is required. You can simply show up at the times and locations given below.

What happens there? (SCHEDULE)

Monday, 31.7.2017: Day of Arrival

• Check in at the apartments
  • 18:00 | Dinner | Semai

Tuesday, 1.8.2017: Sightseeing with Douwe

• 9:00 | Meeting point | Ferry Station Buiksloterweg
    :warning: If possible, bring your own bike! :warning:
  • 18:00 | Dinner & Movie | Booked out

Wednesday, 2.8.2017: Workshops

• 9:30 | Introduction to the Fairphone coffee machine and an introduction to the office | FP Office*
  • 10:00 | The Fairphone Angels Program
  • 10:30 | Visibility of initiatives aligned with our Movement and powered by Fairphoners
  • 12:30 | Lunch
  • 13:30 | Bugtracker
  • 14:30 | Spreading the Word
  • 16:30 | Urban Mining Workshop | FP Office***
  • 17:00 | QI charging through the expansion port
  • 17:30 | FairBnb ( :bar_chart: )
  • 18:30 | Dinner | Location TBD

Thursday, 3.8.2017: Helping Fairphone

• 10:00 | Helping Fairphone (Improving the Urban Mining Manual OR Testing FP1 spare parts)
  • 12:30 | Lunch
  • 13:30 | Helping Fairphone (Improving the Urban Mining Manual OR Testing FP1 spare parts)
  • 17:00 | AMA with the Fairphone team
  • 18:00 | Dinner & crazy game/party night

Friday, 4.8.2017: Den Haag

Saturday, 5.8.2017: Bike Tour Almere - Naarden

• 9:20 | Meeting Point | Amsterdam Central Station
  • 9:58 | Arrival in Almere
  • 10:00 Bike rental in Almere
    :warning: If possible, bring your own bike! :warning:
    We could only reserve 8 bikes unfortunately. These are 11ā‚¬ for the day. Bring 50ā‚¬ in cash as a deposit.
  • Naardermeer Nature Reserve
  • Old fortress town Naarden
  • Beach Almere
  • Dinner

Sunday, 6.8.2017: Day of Departure

* For the address of the FP Office scroll down to the bottom of the linked page.

What to eat?

• Breakfast: We will have breakfast at the places where we stay.
  • Lunch: On they days that we donā€™t spend in the Fairphone Office, please bring lunch for yourself!
  • Dinner: We will have dinner at restaurants or in the Fairphone Office.

Where to stay?

8 of us will stay in two apartments that we booked in cooperation with FairBnB Amsterdam. We will stay in Amsterdam Noord, about 20 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station.

Spare parts

Save the shipping costs for spare parts! More info here:

Organization Team

@Iratxe, @paulakreuzer and @Stefan

Contact information

Simply post below. :slight_smile:

Official hasthag: efct17

Also on Twitter.

15 Likes

I have now booked my flight :wink:

5 Likes

+++ NEWS +++
The second apartment was filled up today, so in total we are 14 confirmed participants up to now. :smiley:

The organization team will meet on Friday again to discuss the #efct17 schedule. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am not sure if any of you already knows about SHA2017
This is a giant hacker camp which is held every 4 years in The Netherlands.

I will go there for sure, so it might limit my time to attend the EFCT in the last weekend. (2 days overlap), but if any of you feels like it; consider attending and maybe we can make a Fairphone Community Village at the camp and do workshops there with the hacker and maker community!

7 Likes

@Iratxe, @paulakreuzer and I had a meeting today and we agreed on the activities at the #efct17 . :smiley: Find out more here.

1 Like

I like the EFCT17 ā€œmodulesā€ :slight_smile: thanks for planning and organizing!

3 Likes

For Den Haag we could book a global greeter and get a free tour of the city. Iā€™ve done it in Paris an New York. Itā€™s always better to get a tour from a local.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really good idea! I had only known the Free Walking Tours, which always have a fixed schedule. We will contact them when we know the exact day of our Den Haag visit.

Me and my bf are also interested to join. Only for the weekend though 5th and/or 6th.

Do you need me to register somewhere?

Also, we would be interested in a CS place or FairBnB (even though I am not sure, what that exactly is yet)

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I sent you an email. About the place to stay: Iā€™ll add you to the group PM where we were discussing the apartments etc. You will have to ask there. If nobody is able to host you, youā€™ll have to find a place to stay yourself.

PS: you can also ask in the matrix chatroom (link above).

Short update: The organization team will meet up online on Friday and will finalize the schedule on that occasion. So check back later this week for the complete #efct17 schedule. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone outlet store :wink:

Aaand the schedule is up to date! :slight_smile: Check it out! I guarantee that nobody will get bored. :wink:

:arrow_right: #EFCT17: European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam 2017 (31/7 - 6/8/17)

4 Likes

I am doing the Qi via expansion port workshop but I wonā€™t be there, thus via video.
I would solder a second Qi receiver ready for use, but I guess I will be late for any shipping. Hence my Question: Anyone from Munich (or Augsburg) area going to this yearā€™s efct and willing to pick up the pad on Thursday or Friday next week?

2 Likes

@Marie1 maybe? (20 chars)

Iā€™ve heard back from the ā€œThe Hague Greetersā€. They sadly cannot accompany 12 people for a tour. My contact there suggested a boat tour . Iā€™m sorry it didnā€™t work out.

Hi, I want to take part in the EFCT 17, I need a place to stay in Amsterdam during the EFCT17, is anything available? Is anyone driving from Berlin to Amsterdam and could offer me a ride? Thanks in advance

Dear Stefan, all,

thanks for organising everything guys!!.
Iā€™ll arrive to Amsterdam on Friday the 4th and Iā€™l love to join you guys for the morning ride to Almere and Naarden.
I have to check for a place to stay Friday and Saturday night. If there is still something available for these two days, please let me know, if not I have to find something during these days. Any ideas about where to check?

@paulakreuzer thnaks also for organising the idea of the outlet store :wink:

BR

1 Like

@dieguich: Above @Letmino stated that they also need a place to stay for the weekend. Maybe you can get in touch and organize something. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll make sure to bring my bike with me to Amsterdam again. It has since last year received some fresh blue-and-white paint.

2 Likes