Sailfish OS 2.1.3.7 alpha5 release

it eventually charges after some bootloops, when the charger is good enough. but I think that will damage the battery further, when the battery is drained and charged during boot. I could also boot in recovery, where it can charge. Even after temporary removing the battery i cannot get to charging mode. hm… i flashed system and modem again according to your instructions… will have a look tomorrow. maybe that helped. will get back to you.

Hi !
I successfully made a fresh install of Sailfish OS 2.1.3.7 !
In a nutshell, the instructions could be summarized in 3 steps:

@mal I didn’t flash the recovery.img, as I already have the last TWRP 3.2.1 installed :slight_smile:

For my previous corrupted image, reflashing the system.img from 16.10 didn’t help. But anyway I managed to get my files back with adb pull /data/.stowaways/sailfishos/home/ :smiley:

3 Likes

Now that I restored my LineageOS TWRP backup, I notice that baseband version is 4275.1-FP2-0-02 instead of last version of the modem-18.03.1.zip 4437.1-FP2-0-08.

So that means that my TWRP backups doesn’t include the modem partition, and that I’ll have to manually flash back the modem each time I switch between SailfishOS and LineageOS :frowning:
@z3ntu do you confirm?

yeah, backups only include what you select on the backup screen and I don’t think modem partition backups are possible. I’ll ask around.

3 Likes

Yesterday i got my new FP2 ready for use with Sailfish, and i have to say i’m impressed with the hardware as well as the software. @mal i think you did a great job, installation was smooth and trouble free. The only problem i had was that i didn’t know how to get into recovery mode to install Sailfish, maybe it’s nice to add that to your documentation.

For the shutdown problem: I don’t know what the criteria are, but sometimes it does shut down properly. However, the FP2 will be my main phone, so i won’t be shutting it down often :slight_smile:

So overall: Well done, i’m looking forward to the next release.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 183 days. New replies are no longer allowed.