[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-GSI 17.1 for FP3

Thank you for the news - maybe I’ll dare to try this procedure. I’ll call again, and report the result.

@frank-bxl, @coricelesti: Out of TWRP access to the SD card works without a problem despite the issues with the current A10 firmware …

@frank-bxl: All the best :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your development efforts! :+1:

1 Like

It’s not really a consolation but the A10/Q-beta version of /e/ appears to face the same BT issue: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/2036

2 Likes

No problem, this time it’s me who is late :wink:
I have solved the issue by setting the phone to vibration and put it on a wooden table…
I don’t know what information you need, of course I will try to provide every information you need.
What I noticed further is an audio problem with Signal: after each start I have to turn up volume to hear the other person during a video call from the speaker. But if the volume of the phone itself is already high, there is no room for turning up the volume. So I have to turn the volume down, initiate video call and turn volume up. Strange, but I got used to it…

1 Like

There is another report on too loud notifications here:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/notification-volume-on-fp3/66775?u=juri.gagarin.ii

1 Like

@juri.gagarin.ii: Thanks for your feedback and the link. So, the notification volume problem appears to happen /a/ with the stock FP3 ROM as well, and /b/ not with all devices … I don’t want to appear lazy, but I think I will wait for some bug-fix firmware release.

2 Likes

Sounds reasonable, not lazy :wink:

1 Like

BTW, an OTA update with android security patch level 5 Nov 2020 is available …

3 Likes

Already installed it, thanks. At the same time I also updated the German Corona Warn App. Now CWA won’t work anymore. No idea whether it comes from the OTA or from the CWA… :frowning:

1 Like

@juri.gagarin.ii: You are right - something appears to be wrong with the MicroG signature spoofing. I’ll check it. For the time being, I have revoked the recent build…

1 Like

Oh OK. Is there a way to revert to the version before without loosing data?

1 Like

@juri.gagarin.ii: I found the glitch and fixed it - a new build is on the way and will hopefully be available later today … but note it’s Friday 13th - so it may become Monday latest. Download and install the new OTA as usual; I expect it to keep your data as usual including your MicroG EN collected IDs (which continued to be collected BTW).

4 Likes

Although it is Friday the 13th I was brave and downloaded it. Now microG and Corona Warn App are working again.
Thanks so much!

2 Likes

I did the Update the minute after Friday 13th :wink:
It works almost perfectly. A2DP is still the only think didn’t run.
Is it foreseeable at some point when this will be fixed?

1 Like

Wrt A2DP, I currently wait for Fairphone to come up with a bug-fix update of their firmware. Considering the various reports regarding similar problems with the stock A10 and the /e/ beta & taking into account that all works fine on basis of a pimped A9 firmware, I’m confident that it’s not the GSI which is failing here…

Hi fwg-cag,
i had installed the image lineage-17.1-20200929-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN.img on 4.10. on the FP3
At first everything was fine, only LTE did not work, but 3G did.
After the update from 2020-10-07 everything was good, too.
But since the update from 2020-10-13 I have always had a problem with my phone:
Sporadically it restarts, even when it is on the table.
Often it doesn’t stop at a restart, often it’s 5 - 6 - 7 shortly after each other.
Do you have an explanation for this?

I have to mention: I only replaced the main camera with the new 48MB, the Selfiecamera is the old one. Is there possibly a connection?
greetings
lopo

Hi,

this looks pretty promising. Sady the sourceforge mirror is pretty unstable and almost unusable me for (100 kb/s and always canceling) because it is located in NA. I have now unsuccessfully tried to download the rom for 3 days. Would you be so kind and provide another mirror, maybe mega.nz?

Hi there,
I’m about to buy a fairphone 3+ and plan installing lineageos 17.1. Is VoLTE and Wifi Calling supported? I know my carrier supports it, so I’m curious.
Thanks to all,
Fabian

Hello there
first of all let me thank you for the amazing job you have done. I switched from iOS to LOS 17.1 since a month and besides some well known problems that Android 10 has on the FP3 (see bluetooth issues and fingerprint sensor that works just for a bit than stops to recognize your finger) and some problem in not being able to run specific apps without Google (see Flipboard) I’m pretty happy with it. I’d actually like to offer you a beer or two if there is a way to donate.

Now I wanted to make a very stupid question: Last month I’ve installed the 20201113.img . I was wondering if I can perform the update that came out yesterday simply from the updater as you mention here.

If not it mean I have to reinstall LOS again but instead of loading the .img I have to sideload it from TWRP. then what? I’m a bit confused if I read your instructions on sourceforge.
It will not be a problem to lose my data so far but as @frank-bxl mentions, is a bit of a hustle especially with the banks app.

Thanks for the effort !!