[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for FP3

I tried it with Zoom. Seems to work without issues. Or did you explicitly mean these 3 apps?

Your name has disappeared from the invite list now (maybe you rejected the invite?). I’ve invited you again, hopefully that works now.

Now it worked fine. Thanks a lot. At least I didn’t intend to reject it :smile:

Maybe @sooorajjj is asking because of this issue. There’s Telegram, Jitsi, Riot and Signal mentioned. But not Zoom (yet)…

I made a fork after you rebased the kernel with the /e/ sources. Merged it with the kernel.lnx.4.9r12-rel branch (CAF version is LA.UM.7.6.2.r1-11200-89xx.0 and kernel 4.9.222) of the android-linux-stable repo.
There were only 5 conflicts, all are listed in the last commit. Compilation seems to work fine but I don’t have my phone yet, can you try it please ?

It’s awesome to see this much progress happening on the LOS front.
Can’t wait till we go official!

Any way i can buy you guys and girls a beer?

Unfortunately I totally messed up my local repo checkout when I played around with LOS 17.1. Big surprise, it doesn’t build out-of-the-box :smile:
So I completely reinitialized it and noticed that build fails. Seems to be caused by a recent change in chromium-webview, where it is moved to product partition which is not big enough on FP3. I don’t have any idea why they did that.
However now I’m currently rebuilding everything, what may take some time.

As soon as everything builds fine again and I can finally publish the clean LOS package, I’ll try to do that. Anything special I should look for? Or what is your intention behind that update? Fixed security vulnerabilities?

I tried with Jitsi again. Seems to work fine too.

1 Like

Just to see if it’s work fine or if there are some errors to fix.

Yes fix vulnerabilities and patch bugs which are not in the latest version. But whatever, if you don’t trust my repo just use the kernel.lnx.4.9r12-rel branch of android-stable-linux repo.

Your kernel builds and runs fine so far. :+1:

I noticed that it’s not possible to go back to a previous version without a factory reset. May be connected to AVB and rollback-protection or timestamp in images respectively. I guess if I’d build again with previous kernel, it would work again. Will try that next days. Til then I’m forced to try your kernel :wink:

Also I experienced that scrolling is very laggy when phone is unplugged from power. As soon as I connect the phone again scrolling is smooth again. Somebody has an idea where this could come from?

1 Like

Same Problem has e

2 Likes

Is the same behaviour also present in the stock rom?

I just tried and do not observe this behaviour. Neither on stock, nor on /e/. Nor can I remember ever witnessing something like this.

My example just now was to open http://www.heise.de in Firefox and scroll up and down. Didn’t notice any difference between power cable connected or not.

I see it on the home screen, opening a icon folder and close it. But it’s only slightly different. It’s the only way to get noticed.

Tried it just now on /e/ and I can’t say I notice a difference between charging/not charging when opening/closing a home screen icon folder (on some launcher I installed, not the default bliss launcher).

Well, glad to see that it seems to be working well, sorry that you have to recompile the ROM again :confused: . I’ll also try it when I’ll receive my FP3 (but for that I will have to wait…).

Thank you ! :grinning:

No problem. I build it quite often at the moment :wink:

Yes, it’s really very slightly. But if you notice once you’ll see. :smile: I always try with the installed Apps overview when you swipe up in the launcher. I don’t know the exact name of that screen. Maybe you mean the same with icon folder. If I scroll there I clearly notice the difference.

Yes, that would be really interesting. I already tried some properties from the stock firmware. But maybe the issue exists there as well. Maybe someone can give a try.

I’m on stock (120) and can’t see any difference, either with Nova nor with the default launcher

I have fixed Microphone in VOIP calls

6 Likes

Hi I managed to get LOS 16.0 on my FP3 up and running thanks for that !

I’m struggling with openGapps, I can’t get my LOS to load once I flashed them.
As you mentionned I may be linked to AVB.

Audio hal has been open-sourced finally https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/android_hardware_qcom_audio/-/commits/v1-pie-caf-8996

6 Likes