[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for FP3

Thank you for the work.
I will, however, wait until LineageOS is available for Fairphone 3+.
Then I buy Fairphone 3+.

1 Like

I’ve just read about SeedVault, which is a integrated open-source backup solution, making it’s way into LineageOS in the near future.

More information about it can be found here: https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-seedvault-open-source-backup-solution/

I was wondering whether this will also be available in LineageOS 16 for the FP3. The Github page indicates that it will only be compatible with 17.1 and newer. (Source for that: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Seedvault/branches)

1 Like

The /e/ foundatation has integrated seedvault in their Android 9 based version (in their test builds, it’s not rolled out to the general public yet). It’s “just” more work than integrating it into an Android 10 based ROM.

4 Likes

Cheers to @dk1978 and @Max_S for making this possiblle!
I was wondering whether ‘Lockdown Mode’ aka ‘Show Lockdown Option’ in the preferences Security&Location will be made availeable in the future, I gathered it could be integrated in any Android 9?

EDIT: Nevermind, have found the option somewhere else, so Ill leave it, in case somebody might come across this: Preferences -> System -> Buttons -> Power Menu

2 Likes

FYI:
The LineageOS wiki page for FP3 is already online :grinning: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP3/
Found on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/jq2vwi/the_fairphone_3_is_now_officially_supported_by/

10 Likes

Hype hype. :grinning:

Yes, the Wiki entry is up and the first builds should be available tomorrow. I should probably rework the Wiki and not claim that we support FP3+. That is still work in progress.

24 Likes

That is great news. Thank you so much for your effort!

Will it be possible swich to the official version via the updater? If not, how would we go about it and would there be a possiblity of doing so without data loss?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t expect that you will need to wipe user data for the transition to the official build. I will test that myself tomorrow with the first correctly signed LOS image and also check what the updater will offer.

9 Likes

At the risk of repeating myself: Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I just looked into the updater code. For my self-built unofficial LOS it tries to access
https://download.lineageos.org/api/v1/FP3/unofficial/eng.dani.20201106.120417
I don’t expect the LineageOS server to ever serve up anything useful under this URI. So, follow the official instructions to install instead - but maybe skip the factory reset step.

5 Likes

Finally!

It sounds like tomorrow will be my tech-day of the week. :smiley:

1 Like

@dk1978
Also many thanks for all your work.

Question to the experts in the forum:

1. As far as I see, we need a custom recovery for installation. Tried to find out some more info about Lineage recovery but failed. Is it better than TWRP and where to download for Fairphone 3?
  2. Is TWRP in a position to decrypt?
  3. Remember that it was necessary to install GAPPS prior to first boot after installation of Lineage. Do not need GAPPS but what is with MicroG? Can we do the installtion later via F-droid (Repository can be added to F-Droid).

Sorry for all these questions but I want to be prepared to get rid of G**gle asap.

Why do you think Lineage Recovery would not work? It worked in my first tests.

TRWP is available for FP3, see one of the posts above or search the forum. Yes, it can decrypt the userdata partition.

Concerning Micro-G - to make that work you will need to patch some LineageOS internals. Micro-G offers a ready-made solution based on Docker containers including a patched Lineage-OS build.

6 Likes

Many thanks.
To avoid any misunderstanding: I do not think that Lineage recovery will not work. I only failed to get info. I would like to test it.

1 Like

The eager ones can check the build status here, I think: android #27704

7 Likes

Thanks for all the great work, really eager to try it.

I’m really interesting to try it with Micro-G too.
If I understand correctly, once it’s on download.lineageos.org, it will be automatically built few days later on lineage.microg.org ?

If it’s not the case or if someone is more eager than me and build a microg included version, I would love to have it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, looks like the build failed.

There’s no hurry fixing it, though. Take your time, @dk1978. :slight_smile:

Great to finally see the FP3 at lineage website!
Thanks so much!

Does anybody know, wether it is necessary to install Magisk again after updating from unofficial to official?

Nice to see the progress at the lineageos-site - wouldn’t it be nice to see this in the name of this thread too? UNOFFICIAL -> OFFICIAL :grinning:

I think once the builds are up and Lineage for FP3 really official, it’ll be better to open a new topic and to close this one, in the same way as Lineage 17.1 - FP2 was opened after the preview phase.

11 Likes