[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for FP3

It’s about what I though, thanks for clarifying.

I am really fine with microG and also really liked /e/, despite the limitations. Don’t really need GApps

One quick question. I guess the install instructions are assuming, one comes from stock rom. Would it be about the same when I come from /e/OS?

Edit: And… Is this instruction to install Magisk also working for LOS? /e/ for FP3 (Google free OS) (I know I don’t really need it but I’m kinda curious)

Can I judge by the lack of replies that nobody really knows and it’s a matter of trial and error? :slightly_smiling_face:

I think whether you come from /e/OS or from another ROM shouldn’t change anything. You might want to install the stock OS before switching to LOS just to be sure, but I don’t think it matters much. Someone else may have a better advice than me though.

The instructions to install magisk given on the /e/ thread work for the /e/ recovery, which obviously you don’t have under LOS, so it’ll be through TWRP instead. Why don’t you just follow the official instructions?

Edit: Typo

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

I asked about Magisk, because trying to install it with the instructions from your link caused a system failure in /e/. Also, /e/ actually uses Lineage recovery. But if it works the normal way under LOS, I will try that.

Wish me luck I won’t brick anything :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can confirm, that the install works like a charm coming from /e/ and installing Magsik, as well as updating microG to include the exposure notification API worked like a charm.

Now got some work to do setting up the phone. Yay… First impression is that the whole interface of LOS seems more appealing and “rounded” that that of /e/. However, Google does make it’s presence known fairly quickly, of course not as effectively as in the stock ROM.

Thanks for all your help!

2 Likes

Sorry if I ask a question which has already been answered and that I am just not aware of (because of the 288 posts in this thread). In this case please point me to the right posting.
is there any progress and/or an ETA for official ROM? Will it be possible to change to official from the unofficial version without data loss?

Thanks a lot for your work!

1 Like

So far see post#272

3 Likes

Thanks.
The post is one month old, maybe there was made some progress in between.
But maybe it is not that important, maybe it is more important whether an update to the (hopefully) official LOS will work without data loss.
I am in the same position as other people here: I have been using /e/ but due to their strange politics regarding microG I temporarily switched back to Stock. Now I have found out that there is a native LOS for FP3, but I don’t want to configure my phone five times until I have found one ROM which I can use for the next few months…

1 Like

Hi Juri,
the review process took much longer than expected, but I expect the release to be available in 1-2 weeks. I also expect that you will be able to migrate user data pain- and losslessly between unofficial and official LineageOS ROMs.

17 Likes

That sounds great, thanks!
So I think I’ll make the witch to “your” ROM. Thanks a lot for your work!

Good to hear. I hope it will be available soon. Do you plan to make LOS17.1 also available? Will the new camera and speaker also be supported?

Yes, LOS 17.1 is definitely planned.

I cannot guarantee support for FP3+ yet, since I don’t know if and how I will get the necessary information needed for a building our kernel and using proprietary vendor code. You might want to ask the /e/ developers for their plans as well.

10 Likes

According to @Alex.A FP3+ should run with your LOS 16 too, since the core architecture should be the same. I guess the new parts like the better camera should make no problems. Can you confirm that?

You only cannot guarantee the support of LOS 17.1 for FP3+, your LOS 16 should work for it out of the box, right?

/e/ plans to release Android 10 for the FP3 and FP3+ by the end of october:

4 Likes

LOS will run on the core-module of a FP3+. But it has to be adapted for the new camera modules and speaker, whether it is a FP3+ or a FP3 with the new modules, in the same way as /e/ can’t run with the new camera modules for the moment (though it is scheduled for end october).

Edit: I think I omitted this when answering you the first time…

5 Likes

In case anyone’s wondering: updating MicroG seperately from 0.2.11 to 0.2.12 via the APK provided on their website works like a charm. I’m running the 20200818 build of LOS and was missing Exposure Notifications functionality (for Covid apps), got it fixed with this update :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I finally got the time to try the ROM. Thanks to all people involved! It works great so far. Just some remarks from my experience:

• I were not able to get swipe typing going using the libraries, e.g. from shadow53. That is less of a problem as there are other cool swipe keyboards out there.
  • If you use microG and a Google compatible store like Aurora Store, take care so you don’t accidentally update their (=Google’s) gsmCore onto your system…
1 Like

What is the current state of LineageOS for FP3? As long as it’s missing there also wont be any version for https://lineage.microg.org, which is preventing people who don’t want GAPPS to use Exposure Notifications for Corona warn apps.

That is not entirely true, as there is a version with microG linked in the top post…

5 Likes

I tried this ROM, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I updated microG and the German Corona Warn App started working. But at some point, it refused to work. It just said there was a problem in communication between the app and the Google API.
I just couldn’t find out what the problem was, but I tried switching to LOS 17.1 GSI, which worked.
There were just to many un-knowns for me to find out the cause for this problem: an unofficial LOS, an updated microG, the Corona-Warn-App. And with the rising infection numbers too few time to search for the cause.