Revised Battery Module (FP2-BAT02)

A late reply but you guys replied to everything already :wink: :

1. Yes the battery is bigger, but 20 milliampere-hour is not a game changer (@urs_lesse is right) ;
  2. As @paulakreuzer rightly guessed, the battery had to be revised because of a change of supplier, not because we tried to make it different;
  3. @BertG and @Patrick1 outlined that already, there is only so much power you can pack in a defined volume. We certainly did not want to change the phone design and hence had to work with the same constraints than for the original battery: we needed a drop-in replacement to keep supporting all Fairphone 2 out there.
  4. @BertG also expressed the fact there are performance variations between batches, and considering that we are looking at a whopping bump of less than 1% nominal capacity, let’s say that one should not expect to notice anything based on that;
  5. If anything, the tuning can make a difference. Let’s see what your feedback is once the batteries are available :wink: .

Thanks guys

8 Likes

Hello all
Is there any recommendation while “samegrading” from FP-BAT-01 to FP-BAT-02 ?
(just received a '02 because my '01 is now aging a lot)
Shall I reset any battery stats counter ? Or is this all automated in software ?
Is there a way to tell ones batt version from the OS, like camera version is displayed in “about phone” ?
Thanks

A battery reset could help to receive a more precise battery stat according to the batteryguide as both models don´t have 100% equal specs.

Not afaik. Only the design capacity can be read out by some apps e.g. (accubattery).

If I remember correctly, I think the battery is also displayed in the system settings next to the other “module versions” like you said. Are you on the latest version?

OK. Battery reset from TWRP, right ?

Hm, I´m not sure about TWRP in this concern. The batteryguide is a step-by-step procedure for a battery reset not needing any further software. A OS routine should by this way set up its capacity calculation. It´s a simple generic way.

oops thanks for pointing out, i should update as BAT02 support was only added recently in 18.03.1

1 Like

Seems like the pictures are already updated but the description still is for the old battery: https://shop.fairphone.com/en/spare-parts/fairphone-2-battery

same for other languages

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting ! Yeah I did miss some updates indeed (because you cannot use updater app anymore now, if you like to install your own boot and/or recovery.)
Now i do see my batt & cam versions.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.