Reverting to Android 7 from Android 10 of the Fairphone Open OS

I am not sure I have the skills to disassembling and reassemble my FP2. Also, I need my phone for daily use, and I am afraid doing such manipulations may render it unusable.

By the way, after the factory reset, all the sensors stopped working. The autorotate feature no longer functions and the other sensors (accelerometer, gyro,…) are not recognized my phyphox app.

Reporting issues here is not valid for claiming warranty with Support.

To test another cam module you would have to dissamble your phone at least partially and its really quite easy to do, so just try it.
Maybe you have an Angel close who can Assist? fairphoneangels

2 Likes

It’s easy to disassemble the phone. The only tool you need is a little screwdriver. On the Fairphone site yout can find manuals. If you already use your phone for a long time, it’s most likely there are bad contacts to different modules (display, camera, top and bottom module). Give it a try!

2 Likes

After testing the FP2 running A10 for some days, I can resume:

System, GUI, stock apps, interfaces run reliable and smooth. Phone calls are o.k., battery drain moderate. WLan connection reconnects randomly, nightlight leads to display freezes.

In addition: camera access randomly fails (“error accessing device”). The elder camera module as a substitution is recognized by the OS, but camera apps report access error at all. Putting back the newer camera modul (12MP) leads to the initial, instable situation.

Sounds like a contact issue. It might help to remove the small “black rings” around the screw hole, with this its srcrewed a bit tighter. Some modules believed dead could be reanimated with this

1 Like

Hi, I’ll give it a try. But contact problems starting with software update? Anyway, I’ll report.

Coincidences can always happen😉. My FP2 has not yet received the update, so cannot test, but during beta I have not seen this camera bug reported. Did you try open camera app? If you feel its software related it would be worth it to open an ticket in the big tracker Sign in · GitLab

There are open issues reported in the bug tracker about Wifi

The contacts are definitely not the problem. I temporarily removed the little plastic distance rings from the connector. Camera reports randomly an error.

An update on this problem. My sensors were not working with A7 so I reinstalled A9. The sensors are working normally. GPS too.

A9 is still a bit unstable (random reboots or app freeze) but nothing annoying.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.