Return (within 14 days period). Solved: just call them

in regards to the phone: I was really keen on getting a fairphone product.

I knew about the compromises I had to accept in order to have a “greener phone”.

I don’t mind the terrible placement of the speakers (bottom left) - I can move my hand if that means a more sustainable phone.
And yes, the fingerprint sensor is too far up; the size and style are uncomfortable and dated.

I am willing to put all of that aside, because, well it’s not too important.

I even considered ignoring how “slow” the phone reacts (I work form home now and probably won’t return to a life of train commuting where I use my phone akin to a laptop), despite working in tech.

But I had to tap out once I started using the camera.
My old google pixel2 just shot way better pictures.
I’m an average user at taking pics. I might try nice angles and have a minimal idea of where the light should hit my subject, but other than that, I am really not a pro.

Reading on various sites, It became evident that the glossy google pixel software is what was lacking in my Fairphone 3+ (as the camera, in the latter, is superior at least in theory)

When on holidays, our household tries to disconnect from technology (no socials, no phones in hand, no phone during meals etc). And we have a natural aversion to taking pictures.
So the very few that we do take, must be decent enough (we don’t carry cameras).
My google pixel is basically the only device that has been used in the last 5 years to snap some mementos, as the pic quality is soo god.

I knew it would upset me, years down, the line, when we have 3 pictures each year, all of them pretty terrible. So the Fairphone had to go back.

I will still recommend it as an okay phone. And for any activities the compromises are acceptable, due to the ethical advantages. I would like to see a Fairphone in the hands of most employees as their company-phone.

1 Like

Yes speaker position :frowning:

I’ve never found the phone had any slow reaction in any aspect?

Like you I’m not a camera buff, but I haven’t thought much about the camera quality and from what I can tell there are other camera apps that can produce alternative outputs. An issue for Fairphone maybe they have a limited access to good software and default to some camera app that doesn’t do credit to the 4 x 12Mpx sensor. If you know anyone else that feels stuck with their FP3+ and are not happy with the camera you could direct them to this site and they may find the links to camera software alternatives.

All the best and thanks for your update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.