Replace standard Android emojis with EmojiOne (three methods) [root/flashable zip]

Hi all
Quetion, I flashed the emoji.zip. but now I like to go back to the standard emoji. Anybody has a flashable zip for that cleaning up?
Thank you!
Lg ivi

I think the easiest way is waiting for the next update (the next beta is already in the pipeline, so it should come the next week). :wink:

Thereā€™s no such ZIP, but you can restore the original emoji font if you have root access. My flashable emojione.zip do a backup before setting Emojione font, :wink:
To achieve this, you should remove NotoColorEmoji.ttf at /system/fonts and rename NotoColorEmoji.ttf.old to NotoColorEmoji.ttf.

Thank you Roboe

This will work for me!
A quetion, i cant get emojione.zip on your github link (https://github.com/WeAreFairphone/flashable-zips/releases).

Wehre iam wrong? Your file should be at this link?

Greetings ivi

For some reason, the release with the zip file was marked as a draft. Iā€™ve just published it again: Release EmojiOne Installer (November 5, 2016) Ā· WeAreFairphone/flashable-zips Ā· GitHub

(The old link should work again now, BTW)

Butā€¦

ā€¦what emoji.zip did you flashed then? If it wasnā€™t mine (which is called emojione.zip, btw), then probably the zip file didnā€™t backup the original NotoColorEmoji.ttf font file, :confused:

hmmm :wink: a kind of zip file called emojiā€¦zip dont knew more.
But now, i dont knew how i could get it form you :hushed:

ā€¦anyway, now i restored it and its good for me :wink:

Have a great Pre Chrismas time and all the best

ivi

1 Like

Iā€™m running fairphone free OS with F-droid as the only software repository. Is there any way I can switch to emojione without rooting my Fairphone 2?

Yeah, just flash the flashable zip through TWRP recovery.

Also note, FP Open OS already came pre-rooted, you just need to check an option on Developer Options (which is hidden, tap 6 times over Compilation number on About phone)

What is TWRP recovery? I couldnā€™t find anything about that in F-Droid.

I donā€™t want to ruin the security model of the phone, so rooting isnā€™t something Iā€™ve felt like messing with. Iā€™m a sysadmin normally but always try to do everything with the principle of least privilege. As a result Iā€™ve been using a Nokia 1100 until very recently, so still havenā€™t worked out which things are stuff I wonā€™t do and which are just stuff I havenā€™t got to yet!

The search function of the forum is your friend :wink: ā€¦
Porting TWRP recovery

Also: Newest version with encryption support

1 Like

Yeah, but TWRP is also part of FP Open.

@mctoff
Simply boot into #dic:recoverymode and use one of the install options there. Donā€™t hesitate to ask when you need further assistance. Either here or on IRC Freenode or Matrix (#wearefairphone).

1 Like

Thanks for this tip. I had a look at that and worked out how to turn on root access via ADB only, do what I needed in an adb root shell, and shut the access back off again. Very handy!

1 Like

Great! :slight_smile:

As you modified your system that way, you should redo the modifications on every system update. I suggest you to read about the recovery mode (usually referred as TWRP) with the info linked above by @Stefan and to review the code and use my flashable zip on the future, maybe, :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.