Remove & disable all camera modules

Sorry, I’m not sure if that will void my warranty, so I’m not going to try that…

If it’s possible to remove both cams, while keeping the functionality of the remaining parts (thus not removing the whole module with the front cam), I think I’ll get me one and might suggest it to my colleagues and company if it works as expected. But I’d guess, for the full support of my company, it’ll need a proper cover for the rear camera hole.
If this works, this will be the ONLY ‘cam-free’ Android phone on the EU market.

1 Like

For the sake of saving money and resources I’ll just have to suggest to anyone who doesn’t want/need the cameras AT ALL to buy the modules he needs individually and - if available by then - get a used receiver unit with a broken front camera.

But I guess most people who need a camera-free phone at work can still find use for the cameras at home or on holiday.

I rather have the modules stored somewhere. So I can reattach them in case the policy changes.

1 Like

Dummy camera module available here. * beta *

1 Like

Hi,

Does the FairPhone 2 work without camera module? My Idea is that I buy the spare parts without the camera module and assemble it myself in a cool laser cut case. Anyone brave enough to test this?

cheers romeo

Romeo, did you see the affirmative reply you just got 25 minutes ago on your same-themed request over at Fairphone-Freunde? :wink: