Recover deleted ringtones

Hello,

After resetting my FairPhone to the factory defaults, I somehow lost my ringtones. I don’t mean they’re not assigned anymore or missing in any panel, I mean the literary are GONE form the maps where they were in. The default maps where they should be*.
So this hasn’t anything to do with this: Settings Gone.

I read somewhere to restart the phone, to shut it off, take the battery out and start it again, but these things didn’t help. If someone just could point me to somewhere to download these or similar ringtones, I can put them in the correct folders and my problem is solved :slight_smile: .

*(/system/media/audio/ringtones
/system/media/audio/notifications
/system/media/audio/alarms or

/system/ringtones
/system/notifications
/system/alarms)

Did you loose custom ringtones you put there or original ringtones which came with you phone?
The former is normal as I assume resetting to factory defaults should restore original settings (but I didn’t try it yet, so I can’t say if my assumption is true) so if you modified system folders your customizations should have gone, the latter is very strange because original ringtones should be included in “default settings”.
Could you be more precise?
Thank you :smile:

Yes, I mean the original ringtones.

If someone just could point me to somewhere to download these or similar ringtones” --> I would be quite crazy, expecting someone else would have my own created ringtones, don’t you think? :smile:

Someone could copy the ringtones from the above mentioned locations and mail them to me.

Thank you for your reaction!

Hello? No one has a solution or wants to send me those tones?

The original Fairphone ringtone is called “Sunbeam” and can be downloaded at xda. The other ringtones are Android ringtones and should be available at the AOSP or an affiliated page. They shouldn’t be too hard to find. :wink:

1 Like

You can also extract the default ringtones etc from the update zip files that are on the website.

The ringtones etc are in the zip in system\media\audio

2 Likes

Thank you Stefan en Chris R!

2 Likes

You are welcome. Glad we found a solution! :slight_smile: