Re-Enter SIM PIN

Same. It only occurs about twice a day, but it is still annoying.
All the trouble seem to have started after putting in the second sim card. Since then I am fighting one sim card related trouble after another…

1 Like

Same issue since I put a second sim card in the phone. But reading the post, i cannot say is related.

1 Like

I have the same problem! For the last couple of days I have been constantly asked to re-enter my SIM PIN - sometimes as often as every few minutes. Rebooting doesn’t help. Yesterday I updated to 1.5.1 and the phones continues to behave in exactly the same way - so it doesn’t look to me as though it’s connected to the update.
Also the phone has recently experienced heavy GPS use (kids playing Pokemon Go) but this issue has only just arisen - so also unconnected?
One SIM card - Vodafone NL - which has been in for months

1 Like

Hi there, I’m glad to see I’m not the only one to have that problem !

However, contrary to many other users, I’m experiencing the problem while not having version 1.5.1 installed (I’m still at 1.4.2, I don’t have access to Wi-Fi where I live and work, thus can’t do the update), which would rule out a problem connected to the latest update…

On my phone, the problem seems to appear only when I use GPS-dependant applications such as Google Maps and Pokemon GO. Problem appeared last week (while playing PokeGO since a month now).

1 Like

Am also having this problem. It might be related to Pokemon Go…

I don’t think so… I for example never installed Pokemon Go.

I’m having the same issue.

Updated to 1.5.1 when it came out, having the problem since a couple of days. SIM1 is Congstar (Germany), SIM2 is empty.

NOT playing Pokemon, so not (closely) related.

1 Like

to all:
disable the location service and observe.

It’s just a guess but you never know …

3 Likes

Same here, i have created a logcat but don’t know what to look for. In case it is useful for everyone, i attach it here: https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/Gbi8nuKekPd5EcP

I’ve got the same problem. I have to re-enter the PIN for the first SIM Card several times a day, sometimes after some seconds. The second sim card does not have connection anymore when I have to reenter the PIN code the first time after a reboot.

Is there a change to undo the update fo Fairphone OS 1.5.1?

SIM 1: sunrise CH
SIM 2: blau DE

1 Like

Same here, French network, 1.5.1, tried reboot and switch slots but I have to enter the SIM PIN around 10 times per day!

1 Like

Is there a change to undo the update fo Fairphone OS 1.5.1?

I don’t think that it is related to the update. There were enough people who use the old software and still have this problem. Could be a baseband firmware bug.

1 Like

same here. problem started yesterday. seems to occur much more frequently when pokemon go is running, even in the background. though I think I have had one or two instances where it happened without pokemon go running in the background. have tried taking the sim card out and cleaning, had no effect at all.

I’d love to see a solution to this bug! I’m experiencing it too.

I’ve got a Dutch Simyo sim card and a UK pay as you go O2 sim card. Changing the slots didn’t work. Not sure if it started before or after my OS update. I’ve had my fp2 for only a few weeks now.

1 Like

Same problem with congstar from Germany.

Seems to happen more frequently with gps (Pokemon GO), sometimes within a few seconds.

Startet yesterday morning when I woke up - so I didn’t make any changes to my phone over night.

1 Like

Same problem here. Since yesterday no GSM when GPS starts. FPOS 1.5.1

2 Likes

I gave this a shot but then wanted to catch a disconnection with logcat, so I enabled it again.
Guess what? As soon as I re-enabled location services, I lost mobile connection and had to re-enter my SIM. This seems to happen reproducable everytime I disable and re-enable location services!

I got 53k lines of logcat from this, I will take a look into it and come back here if there is anything new.

Meanwhile, could everyone please test this disabling and re-enabling location service thing? I think this might be something.

1 Like

I have the same issue since yesterday. I hope this bug will be fixed by FP soon.

1 Like

Tested - and woah. The error was there. As soon as location based services were re-enabled, I had to reenter my PIN.
I will watch now if this happens with these services disabled.

Note - 2hrs later: no problems at all when location services are disabled.

2 Likes

Same with me, started yesterday as well.
I am still using 1.4.2
I had never installed PokemonGo

Obviously it has to do with some app update, because it started for so many people in the last days.
But I cannot tell, which apps updated yesterday. Is there an updatelog in the phone somewhere to find the culprit?

1 Like