🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Random reboots with (official) Lineage OS?

@chrmhoffmann
Do you mind to bring back the kernel patches to the state before switched back?

Not sure I understand. There is a backup here on GitHub before going back

Chris

Sorry for been unclear. What I was asking for was, do you want to bring back the patches into the stable branch cm-14.1 ?
If I take a look at https://cve.lineageos.org/android_kernel_fairphone_msm8974
we are back to 6%.
I‘m not shure but before 19.11 it was about ~60%.

I don’t think I will have time to go through the CVE patches this year anymore. But most of them should be in. It’s a matter of flagging them manually in the tool.

Chris

2 Likes

Would be good @njoyard if you could try official fpos.

Chris

1 Like

Before, you could check if you are affected by this, @njoyard.

I’d like to contribute, too.
@chrmhoffmann, you can find my last_kmsg here:
https://pastebin.com/ssTbNZPK

Cheers!

1 Like

I have the feeling that others now have reboots because I no longer have any. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I guess some Fairphone 2 users directly switched to Lineage OS, therefore they did not experience any reboots under Fairphone (Open) OS:

Some reports posted do not contain any useful information to me, so I would not exclude a hardware issue either. Bad batteries/electronics could trigger this behaviour, too.

It was clearly like that with the first versions of FP OS. After every update some people wrote “this update fixed my random reboots”, some “this update made it better”, some “this update made it worse” and some “this update causes random reboots on my phone”.
I guess it’s probably still like that a bit, but now there are much less random reboots, so this phenomenon is not observed that much.

1 Like

This morning i found my phone asking for the decrypt password after i had it on charger overnight. I made an entry on the bugtracker, with last_kmsg. Looks like it rebooted long after being full (started charging at around one o’clock, and it rebooted at around 7:30)

3 Likes

I mainly notice random reboots when using OSMand~ with GPS and offline maps, and listening music from VLC.

I can have no reboot during 3h of driving, and then 3 in a raw, with a long time (5-10min) to get the position back.

It’s also not rare to pull the phone out my pocket and be asked for the SIM code, as it did reboot without any specific task (looks like a hardware pb tough).

I’m pretty happy how stable LineageOS is for me.
I do however experience reboots as soon as battery is fully charged.
Anything I could do about it?

Not a fix, but a workaround that also helps increase your battery life:

2 Likes

Hey,

i have new reboot on @work with apple router. :slight_smile: Lineage (last version 02.01.2018) works without special boot image from chris.
Here my last_kmsg files.

Steven

Edit:
10.01.2018 - add new file

1 Like

Your phone probably has the original (faulty) WLAN driver loaded (again).

@chrmhoffmann any further news on this?

I haven’t had a single reboot since the latest nightly build (09/01).
Pretty impressed so far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had constant reboots since the January releases.
Even without the Apple router problem. I’ve uploaded a new kmsg file (last_kmsg_13012018.txt).

1 Like

Are you still using your custom kernel I gave you a while back?

Chris

1 Like

No, I do not use. :slight_smile:

1 Like