Quick Jitsi Trial

Ich hab das nicht als persönlichen Angriff wahrgenommen, keine Sorge :slight_smile:
Ich werd selbst teilweise etwas zu “überzeugend”, wenn wer irgendwas über Datenschutz labert und ich der meinung bin, dass er/sie keine Ahnung hat :sweat_smile:

Ja, es ist ein US-Unternehmen. Aber Tor ist auch eine US-Nonprofit und die Signal Foundation eine US-Stiftung, insofern muss “made in the US” nicht automatisch heißen, dass es schlecht ist (in den allermeisten Fällen natürlich schon, aber eben nicht immer). Ich weiß auch, dass die Verschlüsselung von Zoom “eher mittelmäßig” ist, um es nett auszudrücken, aber das ist bei vielen anderen Konkurrenten auch so.

Die Tatsache, dass der erste Satz in ihrer Privacy Policy (die übrigens im Vergleich zu anderen sehr gut les- und verstehbar ist, auch wenn man keinen Doktor in Jus hat) “we do not sell your data” lautet, ist zumindest irgendwie vertrauenerweckend. Auch der Rest davon klingt für mich zumindest ganz gut.
grafik

1 Like

So manches bei Zoom klingt / klang ganz gut, z.B. auch die Ende-zu-Ende-Verschlüsselung.

Die Frage ist, inwieweit kann man dem trauen?

1 Like

Thank you very much! I had the same problem. Indeed, the reason was Blokada. Now it works. :smiley:

1 Like

(Friendly reminder that this thread was started in English, :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

Sorry for not paying attention and writing in German…

About Jitsi:

We tested Jitsi a few weeks ago with limited success, most probably Firefox was the cause of the problems.

Now a few days ago we tested Jitsi again and it worked a lot better after the Firefox problem was fixed.

So if anyone had problems with Jitsi a few weeks ago these problems may be solved now. Of course it also depends on the server being updated.

3 Likes

I know and I also wouldn’t have replied in German to it. I originally postet my reply on the german Aachen Community topic, but it was copied to here. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Yep, sorry that was my fault. I just know that @urs_lesse doesn’t like off-topic discussions in the Aachen community topic. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I understand! Don’t worry, :slight_smile:. Thanks, peeps!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.