Prototyping Shield with charging port (e.g. QI)

School bell at the end of the video. :see_no_evil: Did you do this in a 5-minutes-break? :joy:

1 Like

not really, that was my small brother watching tv :smiley:

It was soldering time again !! :slight_smile:
This time I finished the OLED-addon and this one is quite handy !! :slight_smile:

But no more words, just watch this small video of a little test program running on the display from Adafruit :slight_smile:

(And if you like to know how I soldered this PCB, there is also a video on my channel, where you can see the hole process of soldering. :slight_smile: )

If you are interessted in owning one, just write me a PM !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By random I stumbled over another quick Qi solution for FP2. Nothing fancy but working. Of course the result depends on the individual skills.
But it sounds like FP is indeed active in the background to utilize the internal usb pins for more official hardware extensions.

I am not much concerned about Qi charging, but maybe NFC becomes more important in the future. Until now I did not put much effort in further investigations on both of these techniques yet. Who of you techies here active in DIY matters knows more about the capabilities using NFC and Qi at the same time? Is it possible to be done with only one antenna or is this only possible with β€œone” specific circuitry? How are these two techniques basically working?
If I install something for NFC will this block Qi being installed as well?

2 Likes