Problems with the new update (Kola nut 1.8.5)

I’m having troubles since the last update yesterday. Google play disappeared after I installed kola nut 1.8.5 and when I re-installed Google play Fairphone was back to 1.8.0… Like an infinite regress.
I’ve experienced trouble with Google Apps before, as it has disappeared and is typically difficult to re-install.

You probably only installed the Pre-Update. Otherwize you wouldn’t be on 1.8.
You should be able to update to 1.8.5 with the updater app now. And then reinstall the GAPPS

Same problem. I’m trying to re-install kola nut 1.8.5 but nothing happens…I’m always in 1.8.0.
I do the same thing for 5 timrs but nothing changes. I’m new, for me it’s difficult to read/write english but I would be happy to have back my google apps…

Go to settings > developer options and tick “stay awake”. Then try updating again while the phone is plugged in.
Once you are on 1.8.5 you can reinstall Google Apps from within the updater app.

Thank you very much Paul!
Now I’m on kn 1.8.5 and I’ve back all my google apps. Initially the phone tells me that there were problems with the keypad, but after few time it’s all ok.
Thank you again, I was desesperate!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.