Problems when placing calls

For some time, when I make a phone call, I have (often or always) been receiving the error message “My contacts is not responding”. I can tap either wait or close - it doesn’t seem to make a difference. The message shows up at the end of the call.

In addition, when I try to make a call, I sometimes get a message saying “The call wasn’t sent”. There is no ring sound to be heard anymore at that point. If I repeat the call immediately, though, the call is placed twice: I end up hearing both the person answering one call, and their answering machine or the “busy” sound for the other call!

I have FP Open OS installed; I did the last update yesterday but it didn’t change anything.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Sounds like a combination of:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/two-sim-cards-cant-make-receive-calls-when-both-are-turned-on-workaround-wait-5-seconds/12118?u=paulakreuzer

and:

Well, yes… Almost. I have only one SIM card and I don’t cancel the calls myself (I think cancelling a call still works, luckily). The calls are indicated as “not sent”, so I try again. Which also means that the workarounds that I have read about don’t apply.

I think the message about the contacts is probably a separate issue (it shows up on the screen during calls, too). Has anyone else seen it?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.