Problems receiving and making calls

I don´t know if a new simcard will help. The problems accured after an softeware update from fairPhone.

1 Like

I do have the same issue a lot. I use two SIM cards and it happens with both of them. Have to try several times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won’t work until I reboot the phone. Extremely annoying since I am using the phone also for work. It’s still a phone, shouldn’t it be the easiest thing to make a call??
Any suggestions or help from Fairphone yet?

Fairphone didn’t respond on the issue at all.

Hopefully the last software update (last Saturday) will solve the problem. I don’t call that much so I have to wait if it had effect on my phone.

An other problem is solved with the last update: the LED notification is working now! Finaly

Thanks for news, JGHendriks :slight_smile:
It seems that, since the last update, the problem is now solved ! Great !

I have the same problem. Only since a week now. And no new update in sight. Any idea what can do? Any feedback from Fairphone on the issue? I already tried every measure in their “Fix it yourself” section…

Hi Sabine I Tried several things. First I changed the simcard from slot 1 to slot 2. That solved the problem a little. A view weeks later I changed it back to slot 1 (after an update).

For now it is working ok, on only 1 single number. I can’t call my husband on his mobile phone. But he can call me. I don’t know why my phone is ignoring my husband :wink:

I have the same or at least a similar problem: I cant hear the others but they can hear me. This happens quite randomly: Sometimes 30 minutes into the talk, sometimes after 3 seconds of talk time. This only seems to happen for phone calls, not Skype/MS Teams. It is really annoying. I just had a conference call and the audio dropped six times in a row.

Since Wednesday morning this week I have not been able to make or receive any calls on my FP3. It started out of nowhere. My sim card works perfectly in my partner’s phone and calling works just fine there. When the sim card is in my FP3 mobile data works perfectly, calling does not. This is the same for both sim slots. When someone tries to call me, they get the notification that I’m not available (which is not true). I don’t get any notifications during or after the call. When I try to call people it usually rings but either they can’t hear me or the call is ended as soon as they pick up.
I have checked the settings concerning calls, which seem to be fine, the sim card is detected by the phone, I have restarted it several times and the phone is up to date.
This bothers me a lot - the problem has existed for more than 60 hours now…

Does anyone else experience this or have any advice for me?

Sheryl

Hi there and welcome to the community!
As I was going to write on the topic you created:
Seing what you already did, I suppose you already checked the find and fix an issue yourself section of fairphone support?
Other than this, I would suggest:

If none of it solved your problem, it may be a hardware issue :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thanks mate, starting the phone in safe mode solved the issue (can’t receive or make calls). I didn’t go as far as the hard start.

Well if safe mode solved your problem, your issue probably comes from an app (in which case you’ll have to test uninstalling different apps to understand where it comes from).

2 Likes

After 1 year and a half, would the bug finally be fixed ? :grinning:

Since the update to android 10 here no problems anymore

1 Like

Wel believe it or not, but just a year later (april 2021) I experience the same problems again!
When I want to make a phone call there is nothing happening. When I restart the phone the problem is solved. For as long as it takes.
So what happend in the meanwhile? a software update? Who knows the answer, because the last time the prblem was solved with the update to android 10

Which updated A10 do you have? The latest is 0084

You previous post says " Since the last update to Android 10" Do you mean an upgrade to Android 10 from Android 9 or the one of the monthly updates to Android 10

The big update to android 10 last year solved the problem at that time.
I don’t know what you mean with “the latest is 0084”

0084 is the current version of the Fairphone software for the FP3, released on March 3rd: Software update: 3.A.0084.20210204

3 Likes

Yes if you mean from Android 9 to Android 10 it was a big update (upgrade0 depending upon when in last year you did the ‘update’

Go to Settings > About phone > Build number ~ to confirm you have as @Incanus clarifies

3 Likes

Ah that update was available just last weekend for me.And the phone works as it should do now

3 Likes

I Think about a year ago the ugrade form android 9 to android 10 was installed on my phone

1 Like