Problems after updating android 9 and 10 and screen problems

Wow, sorry to read this. Thank you so much for sharing it. It seems to me that my FP2 is nearing its end. I am also concerned that after a few reboots it does not recognize the microSD card. But this may just be from the card. Regarding the micorSD cards, although I have not had a problem updating the OS, in my wife’s FP2, it does not recognize the FP2 card, the previous updates had no problem but with the last one to android 10 yes. Thanks again. Greetings

Should the SD card be fromatted as internal, this can cause many issues and especially with Android 10 its recommended to format external. Overall reboots can have many reasons as well and while one might have none with one system Version someone else might have tremendous issues. I think it all depends as well on the Apps etc used.

5 Likes

Thank you again. It was formatted as internal, yes… I’ll keep in mind what you say and format it as external. Thanks. Greetings

1 Like

Regarding your screen problems – you can check its touch-sensitivity properly here:
Settings > System > Maintenance > Checkup > Free Drawing

This is most likely a hardware issue. Have you already been able to test it with a second FP2 display module?

4 Likes

Hi,
about the random reboots you could check this thread. Fault battery contact is a frequent issue.

Third phone, third time random reboots

Best peace

1 Like

I have the same several-reboots-a-day issue with my FP2 and I went through all the recommended steps, had a lengthy correspondence with a very attentive person from FP Support, tried resets, installing apps one by one and in different orders, etc. In the end I’ve just come to the conclusion that my phone is no longer fully functional and given the choice between a quite expensive service and replacement of the core module and a somewhat more expensive purchase of a new phone, I’ve opted for the latter. I’m sorry to give up on my FP2, but I look forward to the FP4 experience (and of course I am returning my FP2 for recycling).

3 Likes

The random reboots (FP2) are familiar to me as well, sad enough. Reboots while charging are common, almost daily reboots without any hard tasks too. Started with Android 9, stayed with Android 10. I don’t thing battery contacts are an issue with my phone. I replaced the battery some time ago, contacts were impeccable. The coincidence with updating the OS also points to a different cause.

1 Like

I agree with you. Nothing related to the battery on my FP2 either. It could be a problem with some phones, but on mine too the reboots occur often when the phone is lying on a table and is not used.

1 Like

Hello. Thank you for the answer. I just tested and there is a vertical stripe in the center of the screen where it doesn’t respond well. If I draw diagonals, in that area the stroke becomes horizontal. I have tried to remove and put the screen back in case there is a contact problem but it is still the same. So I’ll try a new screen. Thank you!!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, this sounds a lot like what happens to me with reboots.

Thanks for the reply, this sounds a lot like what happens to me with reboots. It started when I updated to android 9.

Thanks for sharing. It seems that I have to decide between keeping my FP2 by buying a new screen with random reboots or buying a new FP4… I’ll consider pros and cons.

Same here. Frequency decreased over time though.
(Haven’t updated to Android 10 yet.)

1 Like

Hi, I have the reboot problems, the SD card problems, the battery doesn’t last long… but now also, after updating to android 10, I keep getting an error with the download manager. Does anyone else have this problem? I’m a militant against programmed obsolescence, but FP2 is putting me to the test.

1 Like

What is the exact error message, and in which situation do you get it?
And are you using Fairphone OS or Fairphone Open OS?

Just after switching on, the error message is “download manager keeps stopping”
I cleared the cache and data from storage of the download manager, and the problem seems to be gone, the error message is not appearing. But still, I have problems downloading files from internet.

Hello. I haven’t had a problem with the download manager. Sometimes it’s hard to be militant, you’re right. At the moment I think he is worth it for everything behind the project. I also hope that the newer models will have fewer problems.

Coming back to …

Did you make sure your SD card is formatted as external/portable, not as Internal Storage? (See hints earlier in this topic or sdcardguide.)

1 Like

Thank you, yes, I think that it’s the problem

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.