Problem after updating to Android 10

I contacted my service provider on this matter; it’s possible, that the SIM has to be changed or that the card reader does not work well anymore. First I’ll try the SIM in another mobile phone to check it.

1 Like

Update: I’ve put the SIM into another mobile, and it worked. So it’s quite clear that my phone doesn’t work properly anymore.

You may check APN setting on the other phone and compare it to APN setting when you put it into the FP2.

3 Likes

A SIM can be broken even of working in another phone (I had this in the passt already). Also, sometimes there might be the need to adjust the APN manually. Your provider can give the correct settings to compre and correct.

2 Likes

Guess the other phone has to be assigned to the same provider and the APN depends on the provider?
(The phone I used is not with the same provider.)

What’s about this malfunction? Any simular experience or comment on this? Another effect: Previously, I had a button at the bottom with small white squares that brought the overview of installed apps and now it is no longer there.

I might help to manually reinstall the system

1 Like

I checked the APN settings together with the provider support, they’re all ok.

You wrote that you inserted your SIM card into another phone and in the other phone mobile data worked.
So at that the it was the same provider so the APN settings should be the same…

You might try to use another file manager (like e.g. Total Commander).

Maybe you backup your data and do a factory reset? It might solve various of your problems.

1 Like

I’m totally non-technical and this probably won’t help you, but I had similar problems with this update. Random restarts, no easy access to all the apps, poor (at best), or totally unavailable internet through mobile signal. I tried downgrading to 3G and no change. … but then, about three weeks after the update, it’s working again. Getting a good 4G signal, realised that you just pull up from the bottom of the screen and they’re all there. Works as it did. Uses slightly more battery power, but as I’ve been fiddling with it more as a result of the downgrade in ability, I can’t even be sure that’s the case. I didn’t change anything except tried 3G and then changed back when it didn’t work.

So I’m sorry if I haven’t got an answer except that I feel your pain and time seemed to heal mine. I really hope you find an answer.

I have the same issue with 4G mobile data.

My FP2 was running fine, albeit often slow with crashing apps sometimes.

Yesterday, I received the “Upgrade to Andoid 10” notification and did it.
It went without error. I didn’t notice any issue as I was on my wifi.

But today, being outside and trying to use 4G mobile data, it doesn’t work at all.

I have not changed anything else than this upgrade. I’ve checked the APN settings, and they look good.

I’m in France and using Orange’s network.

I registered the reference to the test with 3G and tried, but without success. Even after returning to 4G, mobile data no longer works.

Normally, the connection type is displayed next to the mobile signal strength triangle (E, 3G, 4G, LTW). This information is now missing for me. It seems that this is related to the mobile data malfunction.

1 Like

That’s just the problem I had. The triangle showing mobile reception was showing good to excellent reception, there was no wifi available, and there was no 3G 4G or anything by it. If I was in the total open with an excellent signal I once had an indicated 4G, but if I tried to access anything online it stated no connection. But after two weeks it suddenly worked again.

Perhaps following a restart (spontaneously or not)?
As this has been mentioned as work-around by @ArjenU for similar problem, probably also after upgrading to Android 10: No 4G after wifi
(Apparently issue occurred under Android 9 already - see link in post #2 in that thread.)

The issue seems to have been fixed for me yesterday after an update of the Android app “Carrier Services” which contains “Bug fixes and stability improvements”.

2 Likes

Try turning it off and on a few times. I always turn my phone off overnight. This morning it also wouldn’t go to 4G. I restarted it and still no 4G. I turned it off, waited a minute and turned it back on again. 4G back on.

Welcome to the community forum.

Citation without giving the source is not the way to do it :wink:

This should then also have all those working links for the terms in brackets.

Also …

The forum software here (Discourse) garbled the code because asterisks are used for formatting.
You can mark text as preformatted and bold in the editor: *#*#794824746#*#*

2 Likes

Hello to everybody,

I am happy because my problem is solved, hurra!!! :laughing: :smiley:

Thanks a lot to you, anotherElk! You guided me on the right way; the solutions was a change in the APN settings, and the the way to APN was given in the other discussion forum where ‘mobile data problems’ have been reported as well.

Beside: Four days ago I already was on this track, in a call with a technician of my service provider! He requested me to check the APN entries, but unfortunately he missed to check the one and only important entry there, the APN name! We agreed an changing the SIM card to exclude a malfunction if it.

But the change of the SIM didn’t solve the problem, and therefore I did another call today with the technical support. The tec woman asked the right question for the APN name (where I had the value ‘ims’) and gave me the instruction for the right setting: ‘internet’ (in small letters). After this change it worked again!!!

The remaining question: Why the heck has been changed the entry in APN name after logging in into the foreign network in CH?? Because it worked before, as well as last October when I travelled to PT. But the difference was my return: Last year it worked again after my return, but the time not. That might has to do with Android 10, I don’t know at all …

2 Likes

Hi, you may want to check this thread, I also had problems with media handling:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.