Possible to display ONLY current time in locked screen?

I think the misunderstanding is this: the solution is also the reason why the problem exists.
People accidentally touch their screen and cycle through the different views of the lock screen, while all they want is to keep seeing the clock. It doesn’t really matter you can “repair” it by clicking some more times, it would be much more user-friendly if you can “lock” the clock on your lockscreen.

11 Likes

Lidwien, this is not the case, as many of us have stated on this thread. The time does not stay on the locked screen indefinitely. Many times, you take it out of your pocket and it has switched unintentionally to useless information like how long the phone thinks the battery will last - which is useless because it’s just a guess based on recent usage - the percentage of battery is the only useful info. on this. Cheers!

1 Like

Exactly Danielsjohan. That is exactly the point. I have tried several times to articulate this, but you have said it more clearly :slight_smile:

My phone never ever changed the item on locked screen itself and not in locked status, so I could not understand what your problem is. Now that you state that your phone behaves in another way, now I understand. But I can not believe it.

I always understood the way @Rory describes it, is the intended behaviour of the lock screen widget: you can choose whether you want to see the clock, the battery, peace of mind or “how long do you have your phone”. And it is very easy to change this: just tap the clock/… to see the next “screen”.

If your phone doesn’t have this, how do you change the clock into the battery widget?

I think the best thing to do for people who are annoyed by not seeing the time on the lockscreen - but don’t want to install a different lockscreen - is to vote for the ability to add different lockscreen widgets and hope FP will implement this feature soon.

I think that’s more realistic and also gives you more options than de-interactiv-ating the interactive lockscreen widget…

3 Likes

I remember having voted some time ago.

In any case, whatever other fun features or not, the lock screen should always (also) display a clock with the current time. Otherwise I have to tap up to three times just to know what time it is.

I just got a new Fairphone 2 some weeks ago. I’m very pleased with it, but of course there are some minor issues…

The “locked”- screen shows either at what time the battery will be fully charged, or how long the battery will last. I don’t care so much about that info, it’s exact in an annoying way. But even more, it’s very confusing since you misstake it for the actual “now” time, which I’d much rather see. I want to be able to disable these functions.

Just a workaround, as you can’t disable the functions you want.

Any news on this? I would LOVE to disable the three widgets that isn’t the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would also like to be able to only see the clock and none of the other stuff!
It is really annoying when I want to briefly check the time and have to start swiping around to see the clock :frowning:

This post is unbelievable.

1. You dont need to swipe left or right, simply tap it
    2)/Swiping up does not lock or remember your choice
  2. because of 1) is why this whole stupid thing is such a problem. Your phone is on lock screen in your pocket and for the simple reason that it only needs to be tapped to change it, it gets changed! Or maybe it just changes on its own but given how the touchscreen often has a mind of its own…

Please fix :frowning:

1 Like

I repeat my own quoot.
This is only a workaround, but a workaround that does what you want, just to see your clock!

1 Like

@Lidwien I’m pretty sure @drb was referring to your post and I’m also sure he is right. Maybe you don’t have any random taps when your phone is locked so to you it seems like the widget is “locked”.

I know that my widget isn’t locked. If I touch anything on the screen, instead of swiping from bottom to top, the screen with the clock is changed to another screen. And I have to repeat my workaround to get the clock on the first screen visible.

I don’t understand this discussion at all.

One is saying the clock is always disappearing and you keep saying the clock keeps always disappearing

Hi, I tried to understand, what users tell, but on the bottom of the tread I do not have a Clou, if it’s possible to have a secured Screen only with the clock or not? Well, perhaps someone can give a yes or no and if yes, how one can Change the screen we look on it, what is realy not the best view.:flushed: sorry

No, you can’t have that. Everytime you touch the screen again it will change.

2 Likes

Hi sky, thank you for your answer. Robsidobsi mention to do a screenshot for an other question (sorry, I have some, will be less with time :slight_smile: ) and so I send you a Foto, how I would like to see my locked Screen. (found this on the page from Android 5 Lolipop.) Just that you understand, what I’m looking for. So I would be able to see the time and if there are new Messages, without unlock the phone.

1 Like

I understand now a post from Lidwien and for me it is super ok now.:purple_heart: