Porting LineageOS to FP2

What’s with all the compat-honeycomb libraries? I suppose they are not needed on Android 7?

According to this guide Jack tends to use up a lot of RAM.
I ran
export ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx4G"

before building and it compiled fine.

2 Likes

That worked for me when I used Stucki’s Docker image.

BTW, the Jack configuration is commented on every LOS build guide, not just for specific devices (see the template file)

1 Like

I forked @chrmhoffmann’s repos to the WeAreFairphone organization on Github. @snevas has added a build server so we will hopefully have our first builds from the repos at WeAreFairphone soon. :slight_smile:

Everything is set for you to better collaborate on the LineageOS port! :slight_smile:

Edit: Direct links: Kernel | device | blobs

8 Likes

Uh, I don’t like the duplication of device trees. I’ll see later today if I merge both repos —content is on different branches, after all. Or we can ditch the old one, it never worked, after all… :cry:

1 Like

New release available here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195904774

Changelog:

• Removed “double tap”
  • Selection of LTE/4G in network settings fixed
  • SIM contacts import should work now (export is not supported currently in Lineage)
  • SIM card requested PIN code after flight mode fixed.
15 Likes

Wow, this is really amazing! Thanks @chrmhoffmann! :blush:
I tried it several times and it seems that Dual-SIM is now working reliably in combination with the flight mode. For me this Lineage Port is now near to perfect, I didn’t find major bugs, and an other cool thing: Random reboots are completely gone. I had ~ 2 reboot per week before. :wink:

1 Like

@roboe: @snevas and I decided to keep the repos for now because we feared that something would be lost if we delete it. If you say that no important work is gone forever if we delete it, you can remove the repos.

@chrmhoffmann Is there any chance that the whole community (you and everyone else) can work on one codebase together (rather than having to pull all commits you make into the WeAreFairphone repos)? We have a working build server set up (by @snevas) at the WeAreFairphone GH organization, which is triggered at every commit. No need to upload to AndroidFileHost then.

3 Likes

Just for info. The buildserver triggers from hooks when there are changes in the “WeAreFairphone/android_device_fairphone_FP2”-repo and has the following manifest:

<manifest>
    <remote fetch="https://github.com/" name="github2" />
    <project name="WeAreFairphone/android_device_fairphone_FP2" path="device/fairphone/FP2" remote="github2" revision="cm-14.1" />
    <project name="WeAreFairphone/android_kernel_fairphone_msm8974" path="kernel/fairphone/msm8974" remote="github2" revision="cm-14.1" />
    <project name="WeAreFairphone/proprietary_vendor_fairphone" path="vendor/fairphone/FP2" remote="github2" revision="cm-14.1" />
    <project name="lineageos/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github2" revision="cm-14.1" />
</manifest>

Dear everybody,
first I want to say thank you and especially @chrmhoffmann for working hard on making FP2 and LineageOS compatible!
I am considering to get a fairphone atm and essentially for me the decision depends on a free OS working.

But there is one thing that is quite important to me: encryption. Are you currently considering to work on it? (Do you have any idea on what the problem is?) Or is it rather low priority so it probably won’t be fixed soon?

Until LineageOS supports encryption and depending on your definition of a “free OS” you could probably check out Fairphone Open OS.
It’s the Open Source sibling of the “normal” Fairphone OS, does not have Google services initially (if you want, you could install Open GApps or microG), and supports encryption.

1 Like

Hi @jooe,

there is already a free OS working: FP Open OS which is same as FP OS without Google and with Root (currently still based on Android 5.1 but Android 6 variant is coming very soon).

2 Likes

It would be nice as feature to have an option to disable it, though it should be turned on for charging even if it was only to see that your battery is full and you should remove it from the charger to avoid waste of electricity (of course do not forget to remove the charger from the electricity socket after charging :wink: )

It is configurable with lineageos, at least “notifications settings” have a setting call “akku-LED” (in German).

1 Like

I know, but unfortunately it doesn’t work, at least not for me :wink:

It’s high priority to get encryption working but it’s lower priority than other stuff I currently have to do in life. If someone knows how to fix it, my sources are on GitHub.

Chris

9 Likes

Is it maybe a idea to call this version 1.0 and work from there?

Why not call it 14.1.0 or something, cause … dunno Its from 14.1 and so on (-:

Awesome work everyone. Stock Android (although much better than most OEM ROMs) feels kinda unfinished and missing many features, if you come from CyanogenMod. Will try it on the weekend.

I currently move house, so I won’t be able to work on this for a few weeks.

Chris

4 Likes

New release available here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298963946

Changelog:

• Kernel update to FPOS 17.04.0
  • Kernel hiding SU - thx to z3ntu
  • Lineage upgrade to latest source and June AOSP sec bulletin
  • Tethering should be fixed
13 Likes

BTW: regarding security bulletin / kernel updates. The prima wifi driver updates are still missing. And also I guess that latest sec bulletin updates for kernel are not there. I also have not gone through the full list of CVEs to see if something is missing…

So watch out chaps: dont use this fairphone rom for your top secret work missions. AND I also have NOT tested emergency calls.

6 Likes