Poll + general discussion: who got Android 10 Update on their FP3 & first impressions

Today’s the big day for the long awaited OS update!
Who has received Android 10 Update on their device?

• Me !
  • Still waiting…
  • Won’t install it! (if so, why in the comments please)

0 voters

What are your best expectations about it? Any problems?

EDIT: BTW, you are of course invited to change your vote once you (can) download it!

1 Like

Most people start work at 9 am so this seems early for this question. Although I suppose they can set a release time in advance? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Still waiting. Really excited for it. (Tchibo (O2/Telefonica as mobile carrier)

2 Likes

I know a date was announced by Fairphone but I don’t think this is a good idea to open such a topic before the deployment begins (the date could change at the last minute because of a new found bug). It will create frustration for some (we all are different) and the update can be by phases so some could have to wait for days or weeks.

6 Likes

That’s why I opened it. I wanted to know when it would be deployed for most users.

I don’t think it would frustrate people a lot, it might a bit, but it comes with the excitement of the waiting. If it does frustrate some, feel free to tell me and I might remove the poll.

I’m in no hurry to get the update for Android 10. I would like to make a full backup of my phone before that. (It’s more likely to have problems with a upgrade to new version of Android and I like to play it safe. Will check what type of backup that is most suitable in this case.).

2 Likes

Indeed! And some people might also prefer waiting for the release of the /e/OS version.

Dark mode will finally be available! I hope it also allows a much lower brightness (/e/ OS low brightness is darker).
Let the wait begin! :smile:

3 Likes

My phone is on /e/. So I won’t get the update.
But that’s no option to vote in your poll :wink:

3 Likes

I am definitly excited about Android 10, but it wont find the update so far. I guess I just have to wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found the update, downloading it now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Same as @aljoscha here, checked for the update manually just now and it’s downloading :slight_smile:
Will report back once finished.

3 Likes

Yay :smiley: Tell them it works and that they can spread the update much faster!

2 Likes

Looks already familiar :angel:

1 Like

Well, Android 10 doesn’t bring any visual changes except maybe for Dark Mode… :wink:
Glad to see the update rollout!

EDIT: any “big” visual changes

The most visual - and annoying - change is the date display instead of the top row of app icons on the launcher…

Edit: and it doesn’t even help to install a different launcher (when gesture navigation is one; one thing I was awaiting eagerly), argh

Edit2: in fact gestures can be enabled at the same time as using a custom launcher, but e.g. with Nova launcher the swipe up from bottom doesn’t feel right/looks a little glitchy. But probably better than having a google search bar plus date row wasting precious space.

3 Likes

Finished! No issues so far :smiley:

@Sideness you will notice some visual changes, especially in the settings app - icons, animations, borders…

1 Like

You also get gesture navigation, which is not turned on by default. Search for ‘nav’ in settings.

Is there still the notification LED on android 10 for FP3?

Yes the notification LED works.

3 Likes