Poll: What case do you use for your Fairphone 1 + Experiences

That sucks man. It looked nice.

1 Like

i know, but it would be nice, i think. I was thinking of ordering one here: http://www.dielederwerkstatt.de/
but therefor i need the dimensions etcā€¦ :slight_smile:

Did I post Waterkant here already? Lovely products, good materials, cute logo and a large variety of models for FP1, some from self-made wool felt:
http://waterkant-cases.com/advanced_search_result.php?MODsid=2cfe6ba2e72bf925954514be2e880680&MODsid=2cfe6ba2e72bf925954514be2e880680&keywords=fairphone

e.g. this one (for 20 ā‚¬) in dark grey and FP blue:

2 Likes

I use a hand made wollen case done by a ethical company near me. Colette makes the cases out of felt wool or leather that are left overs and could have ended in the bin instead. Check her site here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/243648382/basic-and-design-wool-felt-mobile-phone?ref=related-3
She customises the cases and you can chose your colours. :smile:

2 Likes

I just got a 3D printed case, and in general I feel really disappointed with the results in several aspects:

• The overall process: the fairphone web gives no information at all about where you are gonna be able to print your case, which materials/colors will be available, how much is it gonna be to have it sent, real pictures of the actual cases, etc. When I ordered it, I thought that living in quite a big city (Barcelona) there would be some printers to choose from Barcelona, I even checked on 3dhub and saw that there are some close by, but after buying the case, none of those were a valid partner for fairphone. In the end I ended up having to pay 9 euros more than expected for the delivery and proper material. It would have been way better to go directly to 3dhub and order it from there.
  • The result of the print is nothing at all similar to the one in the picture from the fairphone shop (some pics attached). I chose the material proposed by the printer, but (maybe because it is flexible PLA), it is loose, doesnt get a good grip on the phone. And it doesnā€™t feel smooth, like normal phone cases, but more like something made of a cardboard material.

To sum up, because of the two step process I ended up paying way more than I would have for a case that is not worth it. :ā€™(

[ I couldnt post all the pics I had, so more here]

1 Like

Hi,

since my original FP1 bumper case is getting old, I was googling for a new one and found this page:
ā€œthingiverseā€

Might be useful :wink:

Hi,

Iā€™m using the black/gray original FP1 bumper case for my FP1U. Although this case lowers the beauty of the Fairphone it kept my phone save :wink:

After 2 years the gray rubber parts of the case start to get sticky (I experienced the same with a Siemens ME75 phone years ago), so I think I have to find a new one or print one by myself :wink:

I am not a fan of the 3D printed case at all. It does a good job protecting the phone, but it is bulky and after using it for a year now many parts are chipped of and it even starts to cut in my hand whenever I hold it.

Has anyone tried to make their own case with silicone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHgs8B_6c7I
Maybe this could be a solution for you as well @nlie?

I am not interested in a sleeve or a flipbook, I am really looking for a case.

2 Likes

Was this case for the FP 1 or the FP2?
Thanks,

AS stated in the topic title, this poll is about FP1 cases.

Hello,

I have my fairphone 1U for more than 1 year now. When I first received it, I build a black case to go with it, and never was I disappointed by the case.
Last month, the rubber part went away, so I wanted to have a new one.
On the website I discover that there where only 3D cases available nowā€¦
Quite disappointed, I still needed a new case so I took oneā€¦
After only 1 week (and 2 falls I admit), the case broke down, in several partsā€¦

So now I am really disappointed!!! I went back to my old, almost dead, black caseā€¦

I would really love to have a new one. Is there someone who doesnā€™t use his??
Or will the factory make new one in a short term?

I find it nice to try with 3D printing, but I donā€™t think the technique is good enough yet. Maybe with another materialā€¦

Anyway, I just wanted to share my love for the first case with the community, and make an observation for maybe amelioration for the new 3D cases.

Thank you

1 Like

Try out Shapeways:

Especially this one and that one seem to be popular in the community.

PS.: Each month they have a discount coupon for free shipping. You should search the internet and try some. It saves you quite some money.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cases and screen protectors for Fairphone 2 (FP2) (or: Which fits better: Feuerwear Mitch 6 or 10?)

A post was merged into an existing topic: New slim back cover