Please take part in my PhD survey about sustainable consumption of ICT 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇬🇧

Dear Fairphone-Community,
in the context of my phd I am researching on the sustainability of information and communication technology. In particular I am regarding mobile phones with special interest to Fairphone. My aim is to find solutions for more sustainability within the mobile phone market. I would be really grateful if you would support me in participation to the following survey:
For now I just have a German and English version, but a French one is coming on Monday.

https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/fairphone_movement/

Thank you in advance!
Franziska Haucke

Title edited by @Stefan to better reflect the content of the topic.

6 Likes

Awesome! Wishing you all the best for your research :slight_smile:

Thank you huskers! :smile:

All fixed now, please take part in the survey!

I stopped entering info into your questionnaire, I have to admit. This is why:

• Do you talk about the FP1 or FP2 or FP in general?
  • In the very important field (it’s a PhD, right?) “Other” you only allow 11 characters … [fixed, my client]
  • You combine “Sustainability/ justice” that is not possible (I stopped here) [fixed by the author of the study]
  • No back button [there is a reason for that!]

I would redesign it a bit. I hope I don’t sound too critical but I would change the questionnaire (and the software behind it) I hope this is not too discouraging, it’s not meant that way!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I didn’t add a back button, as people could change there answers according to the following questions. I talk in general about Fairphone, I will go in more detail in my future research. This is just the beginning, and just a first move to get closer to the field. I checked again, and don’t know at what point there is a limited space at “Others”. Would you specify this for me? I also changed sustainability/ justice in importance, thank you so much for that point. Unfortunately I can’t change the software, as my Uni just has this one. Thank you for your interest!

No problem. I hope I don’t sound to harsh, not my intention. The “no back button” makes sense, but people should know this before. Maybe the client I was using (Chrome) was causing the problem.

If I remember (I don’t want to “spam” your questionnaire) it happened at all “Others” between “How did you find out about Fairphone?” and the one where I stopped, the “Sustainability/ justice” one.

I think the software you use will also impact the results you will get (just check surveymonkey as an example).

I can check again if you want, I can put in TEST in the “Other” fields, so you will know it’s me :smile:

Update: It works now. Maybe it was my client? I tested the German & English “Others”.

1 Like

Thank you for your support. I hope this problem will not occur regularly. :slight_smile:

Done and good luck! :smile:

(btw. no spoilers here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

1 Like

Hey, thank you so much. Could you write me a private message about the “vegan” topic, so not to spoil here :slight_smile: That would be pretty nice!

Done! :slight_smile: I’m going to send you a PM about two remarks.

1 Like

FRENSH version is now available. :slight_smile:

Done! Good luck… Looking forward to the results.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: I am also really curious :slight_smile:

Thanks to all that have already done the survey :slight_smile: It still will be available for a week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do Fairphone users care about sustainability? Let’s find out…

1 Like

Hello:
Just finished my French contribution!
:wink:

…waiting now for the results.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Three days to go till I’ll close the survey and start analyzing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Zissi, out of curiosity, how many responses did you get (approximately)? Did you spread your survey via other channels as well or only here on the forum?

Best,
Emmy

Hey, so far I have 383 complete and useable answers.

I hope I’ll make the 400 till tomorrow, but I reached my goal already :smile:

Also the open questions gave a lot information, so I am curious to start the analysis :smile:

many thanks to all of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The survey is now closed. With 401 answers! Many thanks, I’ll update you, as soon as I do have any results :sunny:

4 Likes