Planned date for current issues on FP2

Hi,

i’m new of FP2 and this forum… I’m looking for the planned release date of fixes for known issues on FP2 sw 1.2.8, can anyone help me?

Best regards,
Roberto

1 Like

As far as I know, release dates were never announced before. This was done to prevent frustration and disappointment if the deadline was not reached…

1 Like

I understand your arguments, but on the other side my level of frustration and disappointment can’t get higher. I’m writing this post from my good old motorola moto G2 (wow, working phone), because i can’t use my FP2. Therefore i’m really missing announcements from Fairphone, a commitment which bugs and issues will be fixed, on which improvements or features they are working on. At the moment i simple don’t know what to do with my FP2 - wait for updates (how long?), send it back, throw it away, sell it…
And yes, you are not responsible for that, sorry
But as i’ve said, frustration is really high.

Hi Daniel,

i understand the problem of estimation in a software development context, but you must understand that i’m a new customer (i’ve received FP2 2 weeks ago) and at the moment i don’t know anything about velocity and agility of your development team. My fear now is that i must wait 4-5 weeks or 3 months for important and critical issues to be solved… Can you reassure me on this point?

Best regards,

Roberto

Well, the first update came out in the first half of april and the second one is in beta testing right now. I would say that this is quite fast. I also think that right now there are still many severe bugs to be fixed, so developping and testing might take much more time than in the future, when the interaction between hardware and software will be better.

1 Like

Hi Roberto,

just a quick note in case this wasn’t clear: this is a community forum, so @danielsjohan (and most other users) are not part of the Fairphone-team, so that we probably can’t give you the reassurance you’re looking for here…

Emmy

3 Likes

Great, I own a development team :sunglasses:
(Must tell my boss he needs to adjust my salary! :slight_smile: )

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist… But, as @emmy already pointed out: this is a community forum. I just tried to explain what FP-staff had told us before, in other topics.

And @tkos, did you contact support already? They are trying to clear the backlog, bo maybe they will be able to help you out soon? Did you search the forum for community solutions, or to ask a question to other FP-users? I also have and had a lot of issues with my FP1 and FP2, but most of them where solved by looking and asking around on this forum!

3 Likes

An update to 1.3.6 was just released (more here). Other than that: I don’t think there’s ever been a pre-announced release date. Hopefully it solves the issues some people are having on 1.2.8.

(P.S. Community Moderators are also not FP staff, we just hang around the forum way too much)

3 Likes

Thanks for your nice answer.
No, i did not contact support till now, but they can’t help. My problems are all bugs, few of them should be fixed with the new update, i have to check.
And yes, i have read some topics here (statistic says 20h :-)), i know there are some workarounds, some ok, some not so good. But the real blocker at the moment ist the sim killing bug.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.