Pictures gallery - Oh yeah FP1(U) camera has potential!

there are a lot of these apps for your computer, if thats helps… So you can just take some “high-res” pictures and stitch them together on your pc…

Thanks, @madde, I know. I do use my :camera: for “proper” panoramas, but it would be nice if I could use the always-with-me :iphone:-like-camera for that, as well. I don’t see why it goes down to ~500-400 px in height for panoramas. Should be possible to get slightly more out of it, I think.

2 Likes

ah very cool! :smile: Was this a coincidence or were you there specifically to visit locations of the show?

Depends on how you see it. Let’s say I had something important to do. And enjoyed it. FTR, the whole region is FULL of lions. And some dragons. (Whoever is interested why: go read some books. :slight_smile: Or Wikipedia, if you must. Books are much better. They tell history with a storyline… and sometimes an agenda. As do sculptors.)

As in other known circumstances, the lion defeats the dragon, usually.

(Ok, I admit, that was shot with a DLSR. Not technically possible without a proper lens.)

But sometimes he cares about sheep more than about the dragons.

(Cut from a FP pic. Difficult conditions, quite strong contrasts as well, and some unwanted effects because of this. Not really nice: see the blur around the lion’s head? That’s from HDR / camera movement. )

Under all circumstances, the Sphinx is definitely defeated…

…and, in this case, even decapitated. FP standard camera, with build-in-effects - BW filter and a frame, I think. OK’ish, isn’t it? (Please note that no Sphinx was harmed during this production, and AHA was monitoring all activities.)

Bottom line: I did not expect to much of a 3.5mm lens with a phone attached to it. But for a quick snap and a social-media-whatever snap, it’s OK. I’m happy with most of the results, even though focussing under dynamic conditions can be a bit difficult. The panorama height is a joke, and HDR is a really bad joke. If you ever shot HDR with any dedicated camera, you won’t go back to the Android/Fairphone version. Never.

BTW, I also installed the “Camera2” from F-Droid, which is actually a bit better in most circumstances, but has the habit of crashing every now and then. And I got ObscuraCam from The Guardian Project, which helps you to pixelate faces if you want to protect the privacy of people in a shot you want to share publicly. The latter works as intended, but the UI is sometimes a bit lagging.

5 Likes

Maastricht, the Netherlands. I haven’t figured out all camera features, just taking shots as I go about.

7 Likes

Not edited - Snapped with “Open Camera”
( great detail ! )

Climate March, in Paris last Sunday :

Oh yeah FP camera has potential! :blush: I have my fairphone for 10 days, globally I am very happy with this picture quality.

4 Likes

A few years ago, my wife planted a passion fruit seed in a flowerpot… this year we could pick and share the first fruit:

Just snapped with OpenCamera on autofocus, cropped at top/bottom afterwards (no further editing). Definitely good enough for me (and so was the passion fruit :slight_smile: )

9 Likes

Made a few days ago with the standard camera app:

Greetings

Tom

4 Likes

5 Likes

Silly question, how to post my photo here from my FP? It says drag or paste. But I can’t copy from gallery or drag anything. There is an Upload button down below but all it does us save the draft text. How did you all post your lovely photos?

Trying to post my photo by replying to the email. Let’s see if it works…
Quidi Vidi Harbour, St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada. Taken in July with the stock camera app, no edits.

9 Likes

Schönes Wetter in Südschweden!

11 Likes

@Thomas_Jarck, that’s a picture from “Independence Day 2”, right ?
:wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

Amsterdam Zuid station. I put on a black&white filter and adjusted the contrast with the stock app & cropped it afterwards.

10 Likes

Using the Camera ICS+ app, all default settings (auto WB), and shooting into a blizzard :wink:
(Some gentle editing in Lightroom… mostly sharpening and vertical distortion correction)

15 Likes

Generally I went back to using my modest 10 y.o. 5.1 MP digital camera, but every now and then the FP1U produces a good shot, in my experience it’s usually just close-ups (also with artificial light) though. One of my favourites:

Standard camera app, no editing. #ShotOnFairphone

11 Likes

Schloss Friedrichsfelde im Tierpark or am I wrong? How come you did not get any pelicans in the pic? Schöne Grüße an die Spree

I just found this picture on my phone and couldn’t believe that I had made it with my FP1 using Open Camera. Not edited.

9 Likes

Picture made with FP1, unbelievable good :-).
Tamil Nadu, South India

6 Likes