Phone won't restart after Android 9 update

Help! I just updated to Android 9 and now phone is stuck on the Fairphone Change is in your hands screen. I’ve tried turning off and on again twice but just gets stuck again. All help gratefully received!

1 Like

Have a read in phone not working after update.
I hope you have a backup. If you have to do a factory reset, you will loose everything.

1 Like

Thanks Lidwien. The manual update worked (particularly after I realised I’d put the SIM back in upside down, d’oh!) but now the phone is doing the vibration noise every ten seconds or so and the lockscreen is incredibly slow to accept my passcode. Any thoughts? Thank you :slight_smile:

In the topic random-vibration is talk about using OpenTasks. OpenTasks can be the culprit.

2 Likes

Thank you Lidwien, that gave me some ideas of things to try. I think it might be Messenger notifications and I don’t seem able to turn off vibrate without getting any notifications at all (ideally I’d like just a visual reminder).

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

You can set the vibrations in the app Settings.
And you should look in the settings of the app Messenger. Perhaps there’s a possibility to turn vibrations on/off.
Normally the settings of an app can be found by a tap on

icon. A lot of time this icon is in the top right of the screen.
I don’t have Messenger.

1 Like

Thank you, I will take a look :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.