Phone turning off and on ? Charge issue?

Hey :slight_smile:
I’ve had an issue with my phone for a while now, but ignored it… It’s becoming anoying (work phone) so here it is :
My FP2 turns off a random times, then turns back on with like half the charge. If it does that a few times, you can go from 100% to 1% in 5 minutes.
It seems to happen more often when my internet datas are activated, but it sometimes happens when that’s not the case.
I would order a new battery if I was sure that was the problem, but I don’t think so : when I charge my phone and it doesn’t do the turning off on thing, my battery seems fine.
Any ideas ?
Thank you :slight_smile:
N

(I’ve seen another topic about this but not exactly the same issue…)

Sounds like the battery is losing contact because of movement or small shocks or else …

Try to fixate the battery better by sticking a small piece of cardboard or similar between the battery side opposite to the contacts and the battery compartment.

Fairphone support even have a small plastic piece ready for this if you want to go through support motions.

1 Like

Thank you !
Cardboard in place, we’ll see !

Well, it doesn’t work ^^
Another idea ?

If you happen to have #fairphoneangels in your vicinity, they could perhaps help to check whether it is the battery’s fault by swapping it.

Else … #contactsupport.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.