Phone not showing latest OS?

If I google Fairphone latest OS, I get the following …

“Fairphone OS version 19.02.1 is the latest software version for your Fairphone 2 released in February 2019. It is based on Android 7.1.”

The above is stated at the following URL …

So, is the above definitely the latest update ? (I’m in UK, incidentally)

However, when I follow the instructions, my phone says it is up-to-date, and that there isn’t an update available.

It also says that if the app does not show an available update, there is a manual process.

My question - Why doesn’t my app show the available update?

Yes 19.02.1 is definitely the latest update. Which version do you have right now? You can see it in Settings > About the phone > Build number.

3 Likes

In settings /about …
Android: 6.0.1
Build: FP2-gms-18.04.1 release-keys

In application “Updater”, Current version FAIRPHONE OS 18.04.1 (Your operating system is up-to-date)

So why?

Did you try to delete cache and data of the updater app?

No, but I’ve just done that - no difference.

And is the updater itself up to date? If automatic app updates is disabled, you might still have an older version. Alternatively, you could try your hands on a more manual install of course.

2 Likes

It not being up-to-date seems to be the most common cause for the updating not showing. If in doubt, try (re)installing the latest version. As mentioned in the support article you found:

Make sure to have the latest version of your Updater app installed. You can do this via the Google Play store or manually, if you are not a Google user.

1 Like

Yup, that’s the kiddy alright, that did the trick.
I see now that Enable AutoUpdate was not set. I wonder if this was a default? No matter, all done.
Thank you very much, everyone.

Fairphone always FTW. Fairphone for ever. Credo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.