Phone lost contact to the phone network

Hi,

I suddenly experience problems with my phone loosing contact to the phone network on one of my SIM-cards (like the network is just all gone and does not reappear). First I thought something was wrong with my SIM-card and/or the network of my phone subscription provider, but I’ve talked to them and received a new SIM-card, but the problem is still there. In the end I tried to re-install everything, which helped, but only for two days; then the network went missing again. I tried to re-install again this morning (which is not really a long-term solution), but now the network does not get activated.
I have no clue what to do here and I haven’t heard back from the support yet.

Thanks,
Karen Marie

Hi there
It seems to me that the Network Connection of my fp2 becomes worse with time.
What i did is switching from 4g/3g/2g
To only 2g and now i got a stable Connection most of the time.
Settings>Networks/more>Mobile Networks> prefferd Network >2g

You might Look Up how much dbm you have it indicates how good your Connection is. More then -100dbm wont work properly.
Settings> on the bottom about the Phone> Status>subs Status
Greets Tenne

Hi,
I got the same problem. My connection is not stable. It goes from 4g to 3g to H+ and back again. Sometimes connection gets lost even during calls while sitting on the same spot all the time.
I’ve already contacted my provider (KPN) and also tried a new SIM.
I live about 50 meters from an antenna and just a couple of steps one way or another makes the signal going everywhere. The KPN signal in Amsterdam should be next to perfect and on my FP2 it isn’t.
Anybody has the same issue with KPN and FP2?

Yes! Thank you!
But How can I change the dbm? I have -127 and 99 asu.

Hi you can’t change your dbm. This inidicates how good you are connected to the network. ( with -127 dbm it is not possible to use it for a call or using whatsapp eg)Look at this value on different places at home or in town eg. You might check it with another andorid phone at the same place.if your Fairphone2 shows a different value (the more the worse) it might be damaged and need to be reapired. i hope i could help you at least a bit. let me know if you need somthing =)
Gesendet: Sonntag, 20. November 2016 um 17:39 Uhr

Von: “Hanna wärff radhe” <noreply@fairphone.com>

An: tensing@gmx.de

Betreff: [Fairphone Forum] [FP2 Help] Phone lost contact to the phone network Hawe

November 20

Yes! Thank you!

But How can I change the dbm? I have -127 and 99 asu.</p>

Tenne:

You might Look Up how much dbm you have it indicates how good your Connection is. More then -100dbm wont work properly.

Settings&gt; on the bottom about the Phone&gt; Status&gt;subs Status

Greets Tenne</p>

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Tenne

November 15Hi there It seems to me that the Network Connection of my fp2 becomes worse with time. What i did is switching from 4g/3g/2g To only 2g and now i got a stable Connection most of the time. Settings>Networks/more>Mobile Networks> prefferd Network >2g You might Look Up how much dbm you have it indica…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.